Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Tactical Training DVD

All....probably a stupid question but...I travel quite a bit and cannot make/attend "live" training courses in Tactical usage of handguns etc. I was trolling the net trying to find some sort of training DVD here in S.A ....few and far between I might add. The U.S A on the other had has a huge selection of instructional videos....two that struck me where 1) "Lethal Contact" - realistic enacted contact situations and how not to react and how to react type of scenario. Then there was 2)"Defensive Firearm training" which looked pretty interesting (www.opsgear.com) ...now I don't for one moment think that these can substitute one on one "live" training but for someone like me who travels frequently it could be a second best alternative ? I am interested to hear if anyone has any local instructional DVDs and or any recommendations on the instructional DVD front.

Out of the box thought. Big T , your training is highly regarded...ever thought of doing an instructional DVD as an enhancement to your "live" courses???

Default Re: Tactical Training DVD

I don't know about your download speeds or bandwidth, etc. but the best site on the net for such videos is here...

https://www.panteaoproductions.com/login

You can subscribe via CC on a monthly basis or order from them. I know T has a couple of their videos he thinks highly of, as do I.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I've got a couple of the panteo dvd's and they're well worth.

I fear the age restriction on a video of me would make sales difficult :-)

User

If only...Panteao do not cater for CC's from South Africa, so no ways of registering for the streaming video unfortunately

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

thank you Ikor
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Great thread idea! I remember BigT mentioning a few names the other day, but can't remember them. What is important to me, is to get a DVD that teaches basic techniques like T taught in his course- I want to stick to a similar and basic technique for all the fundamentals and get that perfect before messing around with other approaches or stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

Anywhere in S.A we can source these or do we have to import.

On the age restriction thing...remember you have to be 21 to be licensed ...so it should good to go!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

Ever, in all seriousness, really thought about making one yourself? I would be a VERY interested customer, seriously. You can combine real-time footage from your training (drills, shooting, explaining grips and sights, stance, etc. etc.) with explanations afterwards recorded in a studio or quiet room to better extent and to get people to understand better. Draws, carry options, concealment, etc. can all be tested in the living room in front of the TV without the need for any live ammo (it can be done safely) and then people can test this on the range.

Funny you should ask. I am currently busy working on just such a project. In fact, we shot much of my footage just last week. There is still a lot of editing to be done, and some footage still has to be shot, but I will keep you posted here on how it develops. Do not at all expect a Hollywood production, but I trust the information will be solid enough.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

Quote Originally Posted by 47 View Post
    Funny you should ask. I am currently busy working on just such a project. In fact, we shot much of my footage just last week. There is still a lot of editing to be done, and some footage still has to be shot, but I will keep you posted here on how it develops. Do not at all expect a Hollywood production, but I trust the information will be solid enough.
    Now we are talking! I am not too worried about the "Hollywood" side of things as I am about whether the information and training aspects are solid and good camera work showing the correct way of doing things. I used to crap myself with the Extreme Sport Fishing program...every frikking time the guy is showing us how to bait up or build a rig the camera man takes footage of the guys face and not what he is showing us. So if the basics are good and the info solid, I am not too concerned if the guy is a Mel Gibson or not! Come guys lets get some "home baked" training DVD going. We have some unique security challenges here in S.A that probably call for some unique countermeasures??>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast