Default Better option: Minor or Single stack Major ??

Hi Guys, I'm a newbie at IPSC and I'd like some input from those who know more about the sport.

I can shoot standard gun using a single stack .45 (in major) or a high cap 9mm (can't be used in production). What would be the better option ? I know I'll probably have to do quite a few mag changes with the .45 - but will that make up for the points I'd be losing shooting minor if I don't hit mainly A's ?

I'm a C class shooter so I'm not going to be shooting just As - I tend to shoot Alpha charlie most of the time :(

Thanks

Default Re: Better option: Minor or Single stack Major ??

How fast is your mag changes?

IPSC tends to favour capacity. Yes the max no of shots from a specific point may only be 9 shots and with a single stack 45 in 8+1 forces you dry... that is also if you do not miss at all....

Do you reload? What is the most economical to you to reload 9mm or 45ACP?

What do you shoot better 9mm or 45ACP?

C's and D's are point killers...rather go for the one that is more comfortable to shoot and with which you can easier reach a proficiency level that will eliminate the C's and D's and go for that one. If that is the single stack...then so be it but then remember the effect of mag changes that might be required to be done at inappropriate places that will reduce your time....

If I was faced with this dilemma...I would go for the 9mm

Default Re: Better option: Minor or Single stack Major ??

Thanks Corne !!

BTW - Damn fine shootin at the Nats !! I see u gave the Baldieman from other side of the boerwors curtain a bit of a hiding - good stuff.

One of these days your mini-me is gonna be giving you stick, 5% behind you and the Ant man is pretty awesome !!