Default Please advice

Hi there

Guys I am in the process of buying a gun from someone and I have know clue as to what steps to follow now in order to get the gun to legally mine.Can someone plaese give me some advice as to what to do as I am not so familiar with the new gun laws in SA.I will really appreciate all your input.....

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Please advice

H Zayn, what do you want the gun for?
    sleep when you're dead

User

Quote Originally Posted by parthyc
    H Zayn, what do you want the gun for?
    Well, I'm guessing he wants the gun because... well... he wants a gun.

Nothing wrong with that.

Unfortunately SAPS have convinced us all that we need a legitimate reason for owning a gun. It's crap, but (for now?) we have to live with it.

Zayn, you need to convince SAPS that you have a "need". First, you need to decide what kind of gun it is. Then you have to give SAPS some legitimate reason (in their opinion) for having the gun.

So if it's a rifle, hunting, or sport. If it's a handgun, sport or self defence.

Fortunately there are a lot of different sport disciplines, so pick one that appeals to you.

Then study up a bit so that you know more about the sport than your DFO (hint: this is not difficult), write a motivation, and get ready to learn what patience is all about.

Looks like we're going to have a good stab at fixing all this crap soon, if everyone pulls together. There's a real possibility of getting a "shall issue" once you have competency. IF we all pull together. My estimate of the chances of that happening? 'bout the same as my last silhouette score (you could add the points for three events together and enter it as a rifle score and I'd still have been last)...

Thanx a mill guys it,s really appreciated.I will do as you guys have instructed me and once again I like to stress that it is important to have sites like this where we can exchange ideas and get information regarding these laws that have huge effects on our lives.

Thanx happy0065