Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Training etc

User

Default Training etc

Ok ... So Icollected my FA on Monday, and without faffing around too much the bottom lineis I need training URGENTLY !!! I'm based in PTA east (Moreleta). Firstly andmost importantly I want to able to handle my FA in a safe, confident andefficient manner. Secondly I want to be able to have the confidence to knowthat when a real life situation presents itself I would be able to protect the livesof the people in my house as well as my own. Since I'm a complete newbie Iwould need a lot of guidance with regards to do's and don’ts in various aspectsfrom proper FA handling to SD scenarios.

Later on (if I have the proper skills etc) I would like to try something likeIDPA. Although this is not my main objective for now.

So where is the best place to start ?
    Will it be better to first go to a range and fire let say 50 / 100 rounds toget a feel for the FA ?

User

Default Re: Training etc

Look under Industry Partners for Tactical Defense Institute - Ross has put up his training dates there.

Book yourself for Shooter's clinic and CQC 1, as a start.

It's at the Magnum Range so nice and close to you.

PDPC (IDPA club) also shoots there.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

What JS4 said...ASAP
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I will be confirming the date for the next level one course this week. Will be towards the end of january.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I will be confirming the date for the next level one course this week. Will be towards the end of january.
    Ahem. Might the next course be on a Saturday pretty please T?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

User

Ronman there will be a saturday course in the next month or two just for you Ronman ;)

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ronman there will be a saturday course in the next month or two just for you Ronman ;)
    Woo hoo! I must be one of the only guys that haven't done the course. Thanks BigT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looc, I'd say go to the range with a few rounds. Not too many, but to at least get you familiar with the workings of the gun. How it cycles, how the mags are changed, what the recoil feels like, etc, all on your own time with no pressure. So that when you go for the training it's not like you do not know your gun from a bar of soap.

That's my opinion based on limited experience. If the more experienced guys feel differently please say so, but having attended the level 1 course I'd say it assumes a reasonable proficiency with the gun, especially safety issues, loke knowing where to keep your finger and point the muzzle.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Ok Thx alot JS4 and BigT. I will go and have a look at it. Thx Skaaphaas, ek sal n paar rondtes gaan skiet. Ek het darem al n paar keer gaan jag en so 2-3 keer n pistool gehanteer so ek ken darem (hopelik) die heel basies reëls van veiligheid. Maar dit maak ook sin dat ek darem ten minste weet hoe hanteer die wapen en die recoil ens.

User

Dude please post in English.

Personally the less bad habits you get on your own the better. I would rather you came on the course without messing around on the range so that when you go practise afterwards you have solid fundamentals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast