Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Best Gun Cleaning Solvent and KIT

I use Brunox ( http://www.brunox.com/website/produc...pflege-en.html ) to clean and protect my weapons. Even in my blackpowder rifles. Great stuff.
    I've been using Boretech products (Carbon cleaner, Cu solvent end Eliminator) to clean rifle barrels. Recently I bought a small bottle of M98 (GSCustom product) en tried it out. Same results in half the time. Very impressed with the product for rifle barrel cleaning.

User

M98 is the sh1d for removing copper.... I just had to get past a mental block to allow a water-dampened patch down my barrel!

I use Ballistol "inside" the weapons (as rust preventer on the rifles and as lubricant on the pistol) and Eezox (thanks to Skaaphaas) outside, the latter really giving the metal on a "handled" weapon that "new look".

:- P

For my rimfire rifle, Boretech Rimfire Blend and for my centre fire rifles Boretech Eliminator - Excellent products and way better than Hoppes no.9 & Hoppes Benchrest which I had clung to stubbornly for years. They clean more thoroughly & a lot quicker than Hoppes.

The first time I used Bortech Eliminator on my .308 W rifle, which had always been well cleaned with Hoppes the patches came out covered in green copper residue - the Hoppes I had believed in for so long was obviously not up to the task. I do miss the smell of Hoppes though - it evokes very fond memories & will always be the smell of firearms to me.

User

I have been using boretech products for the last couple of years with very good results but i want to give M98 a go.My dad's been using it for a while and he is really impressed with it.Instead of the water patch down the barrel will it be ok to rather push a oil lappie down the barrel afterwards

User

Guys, I've been thinking - my CZ 85 is OLD, as in, 22 years old (1992 build). It still sports the original finish, but it's starting to show now that I'm actually EDC'ing the beauty (previous owner never did, I'd guess, pistol is immaculate). I need something to ward off the rust that inevitably forms when I'm working outside and I'm sweating a lot. Rust forms mostly in the slide's grip-grooves (where you grab it to rack it), on the back of the grip (where the Hogue wraparound doesn't reach) and on the frame at the front below the barrel (under the slide, the little part that contains the recoil spring). The rest is fine. Rust NEVER forms on the inside (I wouldn't allow it), and it's not a lot. Just tiny little dots that can be scratched off with my nail if need be. Also, no rust under the grip. The frame is coated in a nice layer of CR Speed Gun Speed lube (the thick stuff in the squeezy bottle) before the grip comes on, and works like a bomb. Still, it annoys me and I don't want that. Re-blueing is obviously on the list for the gun, but not now. For now, something else. Will Eezox do the trick? I've never used it before and don't know what it does either. I hear it "dries to touch" which I love for the idea of putting it on the "touching" part of my pistol, but won't it come off when grabbed over and over again, become greasy/oily and give a weak grip on the gun? For the price it looks good, but I don't know what it's function really is. I used to coat the gun in that same CR Speed Gun Speed lube, but it gets runny when the gun becomes hot from firing/carrying. Tristol isn't a great option either, my gun started smoking on the open day shoot at Rashoop with the GS guys from overheating and I'm not using it for lubricating anymore (epic for cleaning still though, stick the nozzle in where you want cleaned, warp the gun in a cloth and depress the spray nozzle as hard as you can - sprays ALL crap out of the gun instantly). RAM gun oil does the same, and runs dry pretty soon. I've found the CR Speed lube to last for weeks without running dry, which is awesome as I can't lube the gun up every other day like I have to with Tristol.

PS: Talking about Eezox, not the Gun Care or other products. Eezox original.

User

I use a product called Froglube http://www.froglube.com/roothome.htm that i got in the US, been using it for about 2 months and it works pretty well.
    Its 100% organic and smells good too.

User

As soon as Froglube comes to SA (heard rumors) I'll be all over it like flies on a fresh turd.

User

http://www.fluid-film.com/

Best stuff for rust.Its is used by the US navy on all metal equipment.
    I use it on anything metal i can get my hands on.It also helps to prevent those annoying finger marks on metal parts

User

@Capt. O: Use the wet patch with the M98... it works. very. very. well. just dry properly afterwards. You should've seen the sh!it that came out of my dad's old .303, and how nice the bore looked after 2 cleanings. he couldn't believe it.

@Toxxyc: I'm sure Eezox should do the job. Have a read here: http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

:- P

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    As soon as Froglube comes to SA (heard rumors) I'll be all over it like flies on a fresh turd.
    Any update on the Froglube hitting our shores?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast