Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Family friendly hunting farms?

We want to take the wives along hunting this year. Looking for something that they will enjoy too, maybe with some activities for them too. Anyone know of nice places within a 350 km radius from Pretoria?

User

Default Re: Family friendly hunting farms?

Attachment 9557Attachment 9558

Inkonka game farm, we go there as a family every year, my uncle is a partner at the farm, I made the brochure for him

User

Opikopi game lodge in Ellisras, we go there yearly with the ladies. http://www.opikopi.net/site_001/Default.asp.

This is awesome! I wish more hunters would make it a family outing instead of a "guys weekend"!

Of course, that would probably mean that I would get to do a whole lot less marriage counselling

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    This is awesome! I wish more hunters would make it a family outing instead of a "guys weekend"!

Of course, that would probably mean that I would get to do a whole lot less marriage counselling
    LOL +1

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post

Ya know, I'm a long ways from being any sort of counseler, but I have a couple of friends who are serious shooters. One has been married for 46 years and the other going on 55...yes, to the same woman.

One thing they always do is they do things together. #1's wife could give a fig about shooting, but she goes with him and knits....now days for the grand kids. #2's spouse does shoot but it is obvious she does it for his sake. She would, however, be a biotch to cross in a fight.

Both these guys also tag along when the wives wanna go to the movies or to the mall, etc...Hmmmmm

Wonder if it is true that the family that plays together, stays together?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

My wife and kids go with me when I go hunting (generally its a big family affair and most of my family don't hunt but enjoy going with and chilling in the bush) she shows a mild interest in shooting to the extent she shot a warthog, I go with her when she shops and try my damdest not to get moodly after an hour following her around a mall, big limiting factor is the kids (1.5 & 4) they are just too small to be on a range so unless we can get a babysitter the department of home affairs, well, stays at home if I go shoot and I do the same if she goes and gets her nails done (to my relief)

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    One has been married for 46 years and the other going on 55...yes, to the same woman.
    They don't mind sharing her? The poor woman must be exhausted!

User

Sorry about hijacking your thread kaspaas

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Ya know, I'm a long ways from being any sort of counseler, but I have a couple of friends who are serious shooters. One has been married for 46 years and the other going on 55...yes, to the same woman.

One thing they always do is they do things together. #1's wife could give a fig about shooting, but she goes with him and knits....now days for the grand kids. #2's spouse does shoot but it is obvious she does it for his sake. She would, however, be a biotch to cross in a fight.

Both these guys also tag along when the wives wanna go to the movies or to the mall, etc...Hmmmmm

Wonder if it is true that the family that plays together, stays together?
    No doubt whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    My wife and kids go with me when I go hunting (generally its a big family affair and most of my family don't hunt but enjoy going with and chilling in the bush) she shows a mild interest in shooting to the extent she shot a warthog, I go with her when she shops and try my damdest not to get moodly after an hour following her around a mall, big limiting factor is the kids (1.5 & 4) they are just too small to be on a range so unless we can get a babysitter the department of home affairs, well, stays at home if I go shoot and I do the same if she goes and gets her nails done (to my relief)
    Like most things, it's all about technique!

What you have to do, is practice accessing the "I'm driving through the Karoo" mindset.

Put your mind in neutral.

Consider the secrets of the universe, such as "how do flies land upside down on the ceiling?".

Idly contemplate the "landscape" as it passes by (NOTE: I specified idly, not intently!).

Practice responding to the comments your wife mades with non-committal Freudian grunts, but always retain sufficient awareness to be able to determine whether it was a comment or a question.

Always remember that when she wants to know which one of the two virtually identical dresses you prefer, unless you do actually have a preference, the correct answer is the first one she showed you (she must sub-consciously prefer it, that's why she showed it to you first!).

Get into this way of doing things and you'll find that you're in Laingsburg in no time at all, with a bagfull of brownie-points as a bonus!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast