Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Lightbulb Glock 19 Gen4, Never Say Never!

I believe plastic and silicone are meant to be used in toys and only toys and shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same sentence as guns! And yet I find myself in the process of buying a new GLOCK 19 Gen4 as soon as the gun shop gets their stock this week.

Read on the internet (yes I know I shouldn’t believe everything I read on the internet) that the Glock 19 Gen4 had some issues so would just like to find out from Glock 19 Gen4 owners if they experienced any problems.

Will just be using the glock for SD and shooting it at the range whenever I take my hunting rifles to the range which is about every second week or once a month.
    Where can I find a decent plastic\polymer holster like the Blackhawk holsters with the finger release button and the extra mag plastic\polymer holders?

Default Re: Glock 19 Gen4, Never Say Never!

They had issues but it was sorted. Black hawk don't make ones with buttons on anymore which isn't really recommended. The safari land holster for glock are awesome
    Like Us On Facebook!
    Forti Nihil Difficilius

User

I'm looking at the same. Haven't heard of Gen4 problems though. Something I'll need to keep a lookout for, ensure whatever I get is from a batch where any problems have been fixed.

User

TJ- why are they not recommend? use a similar one in airsoft for a M92 and it works great.

Budza- Both shops that i contacted are getting in new stock so the chances are good that any problems from the past would have been sorted out.

User

there have been issues of negligent discharges with the Serpa. since your trigger finger is putting pressure on a button that is in line with the trigger, as you draw under stress, it is very easy for the finger to keep pressing and hit the trigger. there have also been cases of the lock not letting go and the gun being stuck in the holster

User

I have shot around 700 shots with my Glock 19 Gen4 now with no issues. Amazingly accurate and the perfect weight and size. Safari and out door has the IMI holsters with the lock on the trigger gaurd. Excelent but doenst conceal! I have the IMI and fobus for the range. An old faithfull for IWB concealment and a R350 flea market ankle holster which works excelent with a wide jean! If it has the no.4 recoil spring and the new extractor you are g2g.. I asume all the new ones comes with them but just check anyway!

User

The IMI holster's push button is situated high by the slide! No worries of your finger getting close to the trigger when drawn

User

thnx for the info guys. i wil definately make sure that i get one of the new ones.

User

Uitenwaj-for a concealed carry holstet contact khumba at hailsyorm.he syocks the comptac range that is near perfect for iwb edc.alternatively get geoffcarter's multi-carry-can be worn iwb or owb.also take a look at the raven concealment phantom holster.

I would personally stay away from any holster with the press button or lever style releases.tye last thing you want is a gear induced nd or the button or lwver failing when you beed to draw the gun in a defence sitiation.remember the KISS principle when choosing gear.

User

Go an a level 1 course with Mr T. And don't get a trigger finger release holster. You'll end up shelving it and getting a proper Mtac or the like in the end. A decent holster makes it possible to EDC as a habit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast