User

Default Calling all Ex Rhodies - spread the word!

I'll be there!!

Here is an OPEN INVITATION to the Viscount Umniati Remembrance day,
    taking place at 12:00 noon on 9 February 2013 at the Viscount Memorial
    situated at the Voortrekker Monument in Pretoria.

We are hoping to attract 1,000 people help break the deafening silence about
    ... Rhodesia’s 911, hushed up at the time by Western leaders to save their political
    careers for supporting the revolutionary forces of Robert Mugabe and Joshua Nkomo
    to overthrow the Rhodesian Government in the pseudo name of peace and freedom.

The Service will be led by Lt. Colonel, the Reverend Bill Dodgen – the Military Chaplain
    of the then Rhodesian Armed Forces. Our Master of Ceremonies is the famous
    Rhodesian musician, Mike Westcott, who will control the program, specially designed
    to help transform sadness and sorrow to consolation and closure. To that end, the
    audience may be seated to enjoy two hymns played by the full Benoni High School Pipe Band
    with beautiful singing by Members of their Choir.
    (The BHS has won first place in school Pipe Band competitions for over 20 years).

After the service, the 30 piece Pipe Band will lead us to the Recreation (picnic) area for a
    social gathering and braai, after which the draw for Craig Bone’s painting worth R 100,000 will take place.
    We are still trying to organise a fly-over between 2pm and 3pm, but this may not be possible
    due to time and budget constraints.
    Anyone with a spare Alouette helicopter, Dakota, Vampire and Hawker Hunter is extremely
    welcome to contact us ASAP.

More information follows – but interested persons are well advised to register on our
    website http://www.viscountdown.com/ to receive our FREE newsletters
    bringing constant updates to your attention.

Many thanks,
    Keith Nell and The Viscount Memorial Team.

User

Default Re: Calling all Ex Rhodies - spread the word!

Would love to attend but am stuck in Plett. You mentioned Rhodesia's 9-11. Please excuse my ignorance about the Viscount. I was born in Bulawayo in the seventies, and left when I was young. My gran, rest her soul, was injured in an attack on the Gwai river lodge, early eighties.

Please could you elaborate on that issue and how it relates to the false-flag event that is 9-11.
    Many thanks and good luck with the event.

User

Hi Fransisco, I'm not sure about the reference to 9-11 but the rememberance is about a civilian flight (RH827) leaving Kariba for Salisbury in March (?) 1979 that was shot down.

I too am a Rhodesian, born in Salisbury in the 70's and my parents were on RH825 that took off minutes after the fateful flight remembered above, with much the same flight pattern.

Some more information about the tragedy can be found here http://home.iprimus.com.au/rob_ricka...ts/umniati.htm

Unfortunately I am in Cape Town, Desert Rat but I would have liked to attend otherwise.

Remember the attack well. Can't attend, but good luck with the plans.