Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default CZ 75 Accessories

Hi, I just boight a used excellent condition CZ 75-pre "B".
    Handing in my application nextweek. I am starting to look around for Accessories. Extra mags, better grips, sights, holster and an extended slide lock release. Any ideas where I can start looking on the net and in the Cape Town area?

User

Default Re: CZ 75 Accessories

You can get hold of Rescomp for accessories. Pm me for contact details etc

User

Ah you're lucky! You have the newer sight type on a pre-B. My 85 has them as well, I only have fully adjustable sights on the rear as well. And yes, pdh is correct as can be, the go-to guys for CZ's are Rescomp. Tazio Resca (son of the owner/founder/main peanut) uses a 75 for IPSC competition shooting as well, so take your gun to him and tell him to make it lekker. He fixed up my friend's 75, polished the trigger sear, fitted a new hammer, sights and grips, etc. It's a beauty to shoot now!

Just one tip - if you fit new sights, keep them as low as possible. The lower the sights to the slide, the better the 75/85 shoots. My friend's sights are fiber optic front and combat at the rear, but it's high-profile. Doesn't line up as quickly as the lower sights on my pistol, and even he says so.

User

Congrats, its a very nice FA. I carry the same on daily. What I can tell you is that mags are scarce and expensive. The sights will need to be fitted by a gunsmith.

User

Mags aren't that scarce, really. I see CZ 75 mags almost every time VLT in PTA gets new stock. R439 per mag isn't too expensive either.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Mags aren't that scarce, really. I see CZ 75 mags almost every time VLT in PTA gets new stock. R439 per mag isn't too expensive either.
    Are those new or refurbished mags. If R439 per mag is not expensive then I don't know what is...

User

Brand spanking new CZ 75 16-round mags, in original packaging. Fits CZ 75/85 and Duty pistols (not the Shadow, it's got a different mag for obvious reasons). And no, R439 isn't that bad (not for me, anyway). More expensive than most other brands, yes, but by what? R100 a mag? It's all-steel and of excellent quality. I paid it with a smile, and I'm saving up for even more.

Toxxyc where did you get those mags cause went with my dad to get mags for his cz 75 pre b and the 16 round mags don't fit, we have looked every where but can find....

User

Got them from VLT. I've got a pre-B 85 (1992 production), bought two CZ mags for R439 each and they fit better than the factory mag I got with the pistol. SMOOTH, I tell you. They drop free in a second, which I think is a newer thing on the mags as CZ used to build them for the military where the mags would have to be pulled out an didn't drop free.

Anyway, if you still have those mags that don't fit - try this:

Remove the grips. At the back of the grip you'll see this thin metal plate where the mags runs on in it's way to the top. Using your thumb, bend it back toward the rear of the grip as far as it'll go. If it still doesn't work, send the mags my way. I'll buy them off you. Given I have the money, mind you. Otherwise run them over sandpaper to smooth out the edges where they stick. I got to fong-kong mags for R200 each which also didn't fit, ran them over sandpaper on all the edges until they were nice and smooth. Drop free now as new mags. Still don't carry them though, they're my range kit's mags.

I spoke to the guy at the shop he refunded me so no stress. They were original cz mags. Excuse my ignorance but what does VLT stand for. Can't find it any where. I did search I promise... :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast