Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My New 308 Win

User

Another pic guys.
    Thanks for the nice comments, appreciate it.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Now that is a loooong but nice looking rifle! Thanks for the pic!

User

Default Re: My New 308 Win

Beautiful rifle, and NF suits it perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

User

Very nice rifle and even nicer group! Well done!

User

Man that setup looks nice

User

That is very cool, and what an awesome result.

User

Awesome group... But is this a hunting or a benchrest rifle? How much does it weigh? And at what range are you hunting to need the nightforce on a slanted rail?

Just curious. I cant see this machine in the veld, but i can definitely see it in F-class bisley...

User

Thanks for your comment. To answer your questions no it is my hunting rifle as I do not shoot bench rest (no interest in it) and do not shoot Bisley F Class.

A heavy barrel rifle is often perceived as a bench rest gun. It was not built to bench rest specs either as the picture shows that by the stock design, trigger pull 2 pounds. All my hunting rifles have a 20 MOA rail as we like to shoot long distance with them from time to time out to 900m. Bisley rifles also have longer barrels around 30 inches that I have seen mine is 27 inches and inch longer than my standard factory Rem 700 VSSF 308 Win should I cut back at a later stage. The picatinny rail also allows for a better selection of quality rings in my opinion that locks firmly and does not move if dropped in the veldt which I have had with separate Leupold base and rings in the past. The Nightforce scope was not bought to hunt game at long distances past 300m which for me is regarded as maximum distance but based on the fact that in my opinion it is the most rugged and best scope I have ever used. I firmly believe the rifle you shoot every Sat should be the one you hunt with as it does not make sense to become proficient with one and then switch. My friend has the same set up except his is slightly heavier and has successfully hunted with it for the past 7 years. After a days hunt you know you have carried something but yes I agree it may not be to everyone's liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Howling View Post
    Awesome group... But is this a hunting or a benchrest rifle? How much does it weigh? And at what range are you hunting to need the nightforce on a slanted rail?

Just curious. I cant see this machine in the veld, but i can definitely see it in F-class bisley...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2