Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Poor service Safari & Outdoor Pretoria

Quote Originally Posted by Marc05 View Post
    My attitude, I stood waitingpatiently looking for someone to help me, sales rep looked straight at me, then turned to the person next to me (arrived after me) and served them,proceeded to do it to me again. Next sales rep does the same.
    sounds like suburban ;)

User

I haven't been there. However I worked in various forms of retail for most of my life, from sales right through to head office, so I belive I can offer some insight.

Retail is a customer facing business. The sooner owners realise that the better. You can have a gazillion years of experience it doesn't mean it will translate into sales. Some think "I'm a gunsmith/shop, not a retailer/businessman". BS! You're a businessman, you just sell guns. Same for a personal trainer/doctor etc.

What they don't know is the average customer will tell around 7-11 people about bad service. And only around 3-5 people about good service. On top of that it is more expensive to win a pissed off customer back than keep current ones happy or find new customers.

Sometimes a business screws up, nobody's perfect. When you make a concious effort to win a customer back its called service recovery. Although I hate it, Woolies has a good rep at it. Discovery, not so much.

Just by reading this I will guess at least 2 guys won't try drive there to try them out. If each bought a handgun from somewhere else, that's R16 000 in lost business, plus ammo/holsters etc, so that's R20 000. That's not counting return business.

Some food for thought.

User

Must say the firearm department @ safari gave me fair to decent help but they did not come running to make a sale, I had to go look for some service. Although there is a guy at the knife department there which makes effort to give you info and takes time to explaine (sell) the products. I think there are just too many people doing window shopping there, they propably feel that the real customers will make a plan to get their attention!

User

They may not be represented here, but then that is their failing, not ours. Signing up is free (advertising is not but I'm sure they can partake), Google alerts is free...

I think GunSiters do our bit in mentioning good service too - there is a whole thread dedicated to that, and many others started to mention individual dealers too.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

My take on bad service is to voice my disgust clearly.

I like to make it clear to the shop, that I'm not happy, but will mostly go back to that shop, to see if they have fixed the problem. Only then if not fixed or if bad service persists will I let them know that I will not support them again.

We have to moan about bad service, otherwise it's like I tell my wife. How will I know somethings wrong if you don't tell me.

User

My experience has been pleasant so far. (Touch wood). Benji has been exceptional.

Guys, I'm going to close this thread due to the following forum rule:

Complaints:
    If you have a complaint about a Manufacturer or Dealer, make contact with them first – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4