OK I replied to a thread last night whereby I mentioned the benefits of an AR in Piston configuration , In no way did I mention DI in any way, but still received a very defensive response from a pro DI OP?

Firstly let me say that in my opinion I dont think DI AR's will be going anywhere! WHY

1. It has proven the test of time!!! Cant Argue with that as long as its kept clean on a regular basis
2. Replacement Parts are easier to get than some Piston systems. THATS A REAL FACT to consider!
3. Some say its more accurate ?? maybe on the older Piston AR's but I dont believe this to be a issue any more.
4. Some say carrier tilt is a big issue on the Piston AR's ,,, again maybe on some older Piston AR's
5. More parts can fail on a Piston AR.. very true cant dispute that fact!
6. Heavier than the standard DI rifle,once again maybe older generation Piston Driven AR's

This is some great advantages but lets not say that Piston AR's don't have a place in the new world WHY

1.There are many piston driven slr's including the AK-47 which has proven this technology can work.
2.The Piston AR does not deposit dirt where it feeds the next round , cleaner vs more reliability.
3. And most important from many reviews I have read this far is that the Bolt and BCG says much cooler allowing a longer serviceable life of these components. There have been many scientific tests to prove this I can post if required.
4. I have heard some say its even more accurate than DI? This I don't believe personally but there are some that show stats to prove it?

Dont wont to start a technical debate but I believe both platforms have there advantages and disadvantages.