User

Default Does Shotgun competency cover you for Semii-auto shotgun as well ?

Does the normal shotgun competency cover you for a Semi-auto license as well ? Looking at getting a semi auto shotgun.

User

Default Re: Does Shotgun competency cover you for Semii-auto shotgun as well ?

You'd still need dedicated status, but ya shotgun competency is the start

User

CFR is retarded, dont take anything for granted. they will actively try to screw you... so dont give them reason.
    rather do all the competencies and not wasted your OWN time and hair.

Yes, for the type of weapon

But like stated you will need Dedicated Sport Status to justify this specific action

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    CFR is retarded, dont take anything for granted. they will actively try to screw you... so dont give them reason.
    rather do all the competencies and not wasted your OWN time and hair.
    +1. Just do all the units and get finished. Save your self SOO much time,pain and heart ache!

User

Thanks ! We've only just started the year at club but half way there to dedicated points already Maybe its worth it to do all the units as suggested probably will need semi-auto rifle as I would like to shoot 3 gun anyway !

User

Quote Originally Posted by wonder9 View Post
    Thanks ! We've only just started the year at club but half way there to dedicated points already Maybe its worth it to do all the units as suggested probably will need semi-auto rifle as I would like to shoot 3 gun anyway !
    it's easier to argue "you have ALL the competencies" than trying to convince CFR that "you only NEED x/y/z"

User

Quote Originally Posted by wonder9 View Post
    You're falling behind.. I got all my points last weekend :)

My semi auto shotgun still had to go through the brigadier, and also needed a SAPSA endorsement, so I would play it safe & get all the competencies. You're welcome to shoot my mini 14 at the next club shoot - but then you'll be hooked & in the market for 2 new guns...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    You're falling behind.. I got all my points last weekend :)

My semi auto shotgun still had to go through the brigadier, and also needed a SAPSA endorsement, so I would play it safe & get all the competencies. You're welcome to shoot my mini 14 at the next club shoot - but then you'll be hooked & in the market for 2 new guns...
    LOL ! Thanks for the offer - reminds me of the chicken licken advert with the monkey on guys back. Either way hooked already but will start with the shotti first !