User

Default Going through your flat...

Thinking about it the other day, I live in a flat on the 1st floor, the set up is basically 2 levels of blocks with say 12 units in (6 bottom, 6 top) with these blocks dotted around.

Do you guys go through your living area and find positions where you could shoot from without endangering others? As an example (My flat is quite small) if I stood at the main bedroom door and shot at someone in my lounge and missed, there is a sliding door with a block say 100m away so not a safe shot.

User

Default Re: Going through your flat...

I've ran scenarios, yes. But it's important to ensure that you cover ALL the basics, because a real-life situation won't run as smoothly as your scenario you practiced over and over again. That's just Mr Murphy's fault.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I've ran scenarios, yes. But it's important to ensure that you cover ALL the basics, because a real-life situation won't run as smoothly as your scenario you practiced over and over again. That's just Mr Murphy's fault.
    Yea of course, I guess I just need to keep in mind where all windows and doors are and not shoot close to those?

Where do you guys keep your firearms when sleeping? I was thinking under the bed right, however I assume if you get woken up in the middle of the night by someone already pointing at you they would look there, the point being if I am in a position not to use my firearm, I would rather they dont find it either but not sure if thats possibe?

User

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Mk1 View Post
    Yea of course, I guess I just need to keep in mind where all windows and doors are and not shoot close to those?

Where do you guys keep your firearms when sleeping? I was thinking under the bed right, however I assume if you get woken up in the middle of the night by someone already pointing at you they would look there, the point being if I am in a position not to use my firearm, I would rather they dont find it either but not sure if thats possibe?
    Put a gate up in the passage, and an early warning system which will notify you of a presence in your house. This will alleviate the possibility of you being woken up with a gun to your head, and could buy you those precious sconds you need.

It may not completely avoid the situation of waking up with a gun to your head, but will definitely makes a huge difference in reducing the statistical chances.

Your gun is, and should be, you last line of defence... you should take a layered approach to your safety systems.

User

I'm not telling where I stash my gun when I sleep, but know that it's close by and not easy to come by from the door.

With regards to shoot in a direction - if I have to shoot I'll shoot. I don't intend to wait for the BG to trod in front of a solid concrete block before I resort to shooting. Obviously I won't needlessly shoot off rounds through the windows or doors, but it's definitely not going to be a deal-breaker for me. I intend to slow the bullet enough with a few layers of clothing and about 30cm of flesh/bone anyway.

I don't know why you are blaming Sean... If he had more media coverage would he always be guilty too?

;-P

User

I'm not telling where I stash my gun when I sleep, but know that it's close by and not easy to come by from the door.
    + 1

User

Hehe I see what I did there... :P

User

So thats a big secret then hey ha ha, fair enough, will need to find a nice hiding place too then.

As for a gate before me, there isnt a passage before, however maybe one of those eye's that set off an alarm might not be a bad idea.