Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: M98

User

Default Re: M98

Quote Originally Posted by Brenneke View Post
    Another line of income for you Treeman
    If you manage to track down the source -- or the recipe
    Do this, figure out what barrel cleaner is, for most it is 100% the same basis if we disregard ammonia as component.

I see you like to Google so if you don't come right I will drop you a link.

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    When storing, keep the bottle away from strong light.
    Marius. Lanklaas gepraat. Mine is still in its box and changed colour. I wonder if its not a reaction with the plastic bottle maybe?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by driepootx View Post
    When storing, keep the bottle away from strong light.
    Always store everything chemical away from light - in the dark.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andre007 View Post
    Marius. Lanklaas gepraat. Mine is still in its box and changed colour. I wonder if its not a reaction with the plastic bottle maybe?
    I believe the bottle is not 100% impermeable. A thing called migration takes place through the plastic in both directions. This is particularly noticeable in storing the 5 lt break fluids sold by Midas in the cheap plastic bottles.

If you want to verify this, you can store Oros in one of these cheap clear containers and then empty, flush it and it and store water in it for a few days. Taste the water, Oros ! it permeated the the plastic.
    Take a Tropica or cabana 2 lt and use it to store water, make coffee with that water and taste the *^^%%$

Banned

I see GS Custom website in USA advertise M98. I would presume that production has stopped in RSA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    Do this, figure out what barrel cleaner is, for most it is 100% the same basis if we disregard ammonia as component.

I see you like to Google so if you don't come right I will drop you a link.
    I also have some M98 left, and I agree it works well to clean out copper from a barrel. I have to chuckle about the "contains no ammonia" claim of the stuff though, given its really distinct ammonia smell.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I also have some M98 left, and I agree it works well to clean out copper from a barrel. I have to chuckle about the "contains no ammonia" claim of the stuff though, given its really distinct ammonia smell.
    Are you certain?????
    Can you distinguish between peroxide, ammonia and the various acids, alkaline smells?
    I have tried to smell and say for certain, "that’s ammonia’, but there are too many other input smells.
    How long do you think a false claim can be made and not refuted publicly, there are many chemists and scientists that shoot, how long do you think it would be before a guy makes himself a name calling the bluff and proofing it? Heard this claim for 18 years now and never heard of a proof article.

That said, I still may be wrong, I doubt it though. In the many hours I spent just talking with Gerrie, he never once let a hint or clue out. Never once argued that ammonia is not harmful or that the conception was false etc., he always just said "it does not contain Ammonia"
    I believe him, because I am almost certain he found something else and a way to stabilize it.
    I recently started to think I may understand the what and how.

User

I'm 100% certain it smells like ammonia to me.
    Ammonia works well to clean out copper from barrels, and if properly removed afterwards (say, by a patch soaked in water) there wont be damage to the steel.
    M98 works well to clean out copper from barrels.

Now if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it COULD be a hadeda, but just perhaps it's a duck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post

Now if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it COULD be a hadeda, but just perhaps it's a duck.
    I am saying its not a duck, its some kind of goose/geese.

User

Anyone have access to a Safety Data Sheet for M98?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast