Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: M98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default M98

Who makes this product? Who uses it and why?

User

Default Re: M98

Gerard Shultz from GS Custom in PE makes the stuff (www.gsgroup.co.za). I use it for copper removal in my barrels, I have had good results so far. Gerard is on the forum if you want to speak to him directly.

User

Gerhard Schultz did not make the M98 himself, a friend made it for him. So theoretically, one should still be able to source it. Can the PE members please make a plan and find the source?

I am on my second bottle now, after using it for about 3 decades. The second bottle is still the older glass version. M98 does not deteriorate with age, so it will last a very long time if unpolluted. The newer plastic bottle did make it easier to use without spilling or polluting the good stuff.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Gerhard Schultz did not make the M98 himself, a friend made it for him. So theoretically, one should still be able to source it. Can the PE members please make a plan and find the source?

I am on my second bottle now, after using it for about 3 decades. The second bottle is still the older glass version. M98 does not deteriorate with age, so it will last a very long time if unpolluted. The newer plastic bottle did make it easier to use without spilling or polluting the good stuff.
    My bottle from about three years ago changed colour, it's now a brownish orange with a bit of granules on the side. No idea if it will affect function.

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    My bottle from about three years ago changed colour, it's now a brownish orange with a bit of granules on the side. No idea if it will affect function.
    I also used it, they do go funny after a while of standing in the bottle but still works, shake it up properly, I think I'm on my last bottle. I try to use it as litte as possible as something in the concoction stuffs up my hands

Banned

Thanks kaspaas. Has anyone else on forum used M98?

User

I have been using it on my old military 7x57 that had a very dirty barrel. It is amazing how much copper was imbedded in the there.

I have had good results and would recommend it :)

User

I also use it.
    It works, it is the only solvent I use {for copper and nitro fouling} and it is not that expensive.

It also does not attack your barrel steel so you do not have to be quick to get it out of the barrel again. Normally by the time I get back from the range I have to light the fire or we are on the way out again. So I quickly wet the inside of my barrel with M98 and put the rifle back in the safe. {put it muzlle pointing down on a piece of cloth and rubber} Now when I get a chance to clean the rifle properly which might only be wednesday night, I take the rifle out and proceed with the cleaning. Now something I noticed and the reason for the cloth is that the copper has now run out of the barrel grn1 Not everything but from the blue ring on the cloth you know the M98 has been working.

User

Reviving a very old thread. Anyone still using M98 successfully?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    Reviving a very old thread. Anyone still using M98 successfully?
    I still do have some. I think there is an unopened bottle. I have a few of his bullets left over as well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast