Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: M98

User

Default Re: M98

(2-Aminoethyl)phosphonic acid. Supposedly the active ingredient in Boretech CU2+

Make sure never to spill and leave M98 on blued surfaces, also wash bore guides and cleaning rod shafts with soapy water, its very hard on them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andre007 View Post
    Make sure never to spill and leave M98 on blued surfaces, also wash bore guides and cleaning rod shafts with soapy water, its very hard on them.
    can you personally vouch for this statement ?

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    can you personally vouch for this statement ?
    Definitely.

Banned

M98 is now manufactured in US of A. No more GSC Custom bullets or M98 available here in RSA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by andre007 View Post
    I have used M98 for a long time and it often lands on the blued surfaces around the muzzle. I have left it in a barrel overnight in a case of severe copper fouling. To date, I have not noticed any damage to the blueing.

Yes, I do wipe it out of the bore with a water-wetted patch. The rods just get a wipe, no water.

The primary reason to clean out all of the M98 is to prevent contact with other solvents and lubes. A friend has managed to get both M98 and some gun grease on his fingers. Funny to see them smoking...

Banned

I have an old .22 cleaning rod and the M98 reacts with it. The older plastics are not as good as the newer coverings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I have used M98 for a long time and it often lands on the blued surfaces around the muzzle. I have left it in a barrel overnight in a case of severe copper fouling. To date, I have not noticed any damage to the blueing.

Yes, I do wipe it out of the bore with a water-wetted patch. The rods just get a wipe, no water.

The primary reason to clean out all of the M98 is to prevent contact with other solvents and lubes. A friend has managed to get both M98 and some gun grease on his fingers. Funny to see them smoking...
    Would second this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5