Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Getting sick of the ethics debate

I feel that the Ethics debates are necessary. People doing unethical things, ie Canned Hunting, paints all hunters negatively, whether you like it or not
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Quote Originally Posted by Kreefstert View Post
    Its unethical to accuse others ethics of being unethical when your own ethics are unethical to those in your view with unethical ethics meaning the unethical hunters and ethicless fishermen who in turn think their ethics are completely ethical compared to your ethical view of your ethics.
    :) Heh heh, awsome!
    I'm using this in the next ethics and ethos B.S. issue at O-group that arises.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ReignCzech View Post
    :) Heh heh, awsome!
    I'm using this in the next ethics and ethos B.S. issue at O-group that arises.
    Hehehehe, you are welcome

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    I feel that the Ethics debates are necessary. People doing unethical things, ie Canned Hunting, paints all hunters negatively, whether you like it or not
    That is my point. Canned hunting is unethical to to YOU not necessarily to other people. Some people may feel canned hunting is more ethical than shooting out a wild pride of lions. My point is just because we feel different about certain subjects does not mean we need to give each other kak about it in every single thread. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

User

Still not a reason to derail every thread on hunting. Opinions is still just opinions. Your idea of ethics is still just your idea.

User

I feel that this is a topic that should be discussed on a continuous basis. The idea of what is ethical hunting is dynamic, and will change as individual experience and knowledge increases. An individual set in his ways will most certainly not change those ways but the discussions certainly benefits younger hunters. I know I certainly benefited from Bielie and Foepie, Koos Barnard and Gregor Woods writings when I was a youngster not too long ago. There is a fine line as to lengths this topic should be discussed I agree with that but it should it certainly take a back seat to any other topics of discussion.

Hunting is more threatened than ever before. Hunting in concession areas in Botswana was banned late last year followed closely by a ban on the hunting of big cats in Zambia. Hunting in Kenya has been banned since 1977 and all efforts to change that have failed. By managing the public’s perception through fair chase practices we can help secure the future safeguarding of our right to hunt. It is after all not only our right to hunt that is at stake at but a biodiversity of wildlife that few in the world can comprehend.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    Still not a reason to derail every thread on hunting. Opinions is still just opinions. Your idea of ethics is still just your idea.
    You are quite right. When I was your age, I had different views on ethics, to what I have now. And I'm sure in 20 years from now, my views will have changed again. However, if you don't want to hear what other (maybe more ethical) hunters have to say - I hear some alarms going off.

Ethics in hunting, is a form of self-control that we as hunters enforce on ourselves, to avoid being controlled by the vegetarians. Are there any other options?

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    You are quite right. When I was your age, I had different views on ethics, to what I have now. And I'm sure in 20 years from now, my views will have changed again. However, if you don't want to hear what other (maybe more ethical) hunters have to say - I hear some alarms going off.

Ethics in hunting, is a form of self-control that we as hunters enforce on ourselves, to avoid being controlled by the vegetarians. Are there any other options?
    Very well put, I certainly would prefer not to participate in shooting animals in cages and call it sporting in some distant future.

Come to think of it, I would not have the choice in any case because I would be long dead and buried by then.

For the time being, I have my own erhics and avoid hunting with those on either side of these.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    For every canned lion shot, a wild lion's life was saved.

User

Quote Originally Posted by henno777 View Post
    For every canned lion shot, a wild lion's life was saved.
    Probably more, because remember a new pride lion will often come into the pride and kill the lactating young to stimulate the lionesses into estrus.

But for every canned lion shot, the hunter as species are driven ever closer to extinction.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast