Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hacked Off

User

Default Hacked Off

Hi All

I just spoke to the station commander at my local FRC and had her blatantly lie to me regarding the status of my application.

I submitted my application (for a new license) in Feb and about a month later I phoned to see the status, and was informed by the station commander the all the information had been captured and it would be sent through to regional in the next few weeks (the postal service must be slow for the police, I can send stuff to CPT overnight but they cant get stuff to the other side of PTA in a few weeks).

I just got off the phone with the same station commander and apparently they are still busy capturing the application. WTF. Six months to do 15min worth of work. The excuse was that I was given was that they are still busy processing applications from 2006. If they are still busy with 2006 applications how the hell did they manage to approve my license application that I submitted last year in 3 months. They also told me they have no idea how long that application would take.

So any idea on how the hell to get the FRC to give me an actual answer?

Anybody else have a similar experience?

User

Default Re: Hacked Off

Welcome to the mad house that is the application process, what a joke!

User

md217 md217 md217
    I so pissed of now. Spoke to Brooklyn Police, my application for a new licence for rifle still lying at Brooklyn. Nothing done since 30/06/2009. Already got compentcy and everything 2006. Telling me they have got 18000 apps to process and put the phone down in my ear. This is bullshit.

Then a certain captain there says they do not provide Sec 21 permits even though they have backlog.

What can we do, speak to whatever

Quote Originally Posted by 8x60s
    md217 md217 md217
    I so pissed of now. Spoke to Brooklyn Police, my application for a new licence for rifle still lying at Brooklyn. Nothing done since 30/06/2009. Already got compentcy and everything 2006. Telling me they have got 18000 apps to process and put the phone down in my ear. This is bullshit.

Then a certain captain there says they do not provide Sec 21 permits even though they have backlog.

Dude,

Do not get me wrong...I hear your frustration BUT I can see that some DFO's (especially in the bigger metropolitan areas) are overloaded with applications. The reason for this is...........the flippen firearm owners that waited until 99.9999999 to get their renewals in and this is clogging up the system. Yes, putting the phone down in your ear is not acceptable and is BS and for the captains comment regarding Section 21....more BS.

I would say that preference should be given to new application and renewals should suck the hind tit but unfortunately I am not the one making that decision.

Yes, IMO some DFO offices is just a extention of poor work performance that is evident in so many government institutions and a backlog of 18000 application may just take 18000 days to process.....

What I am getting at is, that the DFO / CFR may not be the culprit if there is a overload on the system currently.....a lot of lazy firearms owners are co-liable in this problem....

User

You can riot in the streets, about eight years ago.

:-)

See threads in "Speakers Corner".

Unfortunately we were raised to be nice and polite to people in authority, and because of that people have been very civil about this abortion of an act, and our new government seems to only listen when you strike & toyi toyi.

But I'm being naughty, this kind of talk is only allowed in Speakers Corner. Seeya there.

User

On my first app for a new licence for rifle in 2005, they also made a balls up. They sent my whole file, fingerprints to Psira where I was suddenly registered as a private security company. I personally went and got the file back and took it to CFR, handing it to a cerain Sup Naidoo secretary, who promised me she will hand it to him for consideration. That was in Apr 2007. They lost it again. While attempting to get a copy of the file, received a letter Dec 2007 denying my licence for another handgun for hunting purposes. I applied for 8mm rifle. Submitted an appeal Jan 2008 and only received approval June 2008. Hunting season gone, because I had to work up loads for the rifle. Took longer than expected due to shortage of 8x60 cases and suitable 8mm points. Eye sight also went for a loop meaning, can not use iron sights fot ditances longer than 100m.
    Found another rifle from estate, battle with executors not understanding the FCA.

I trust everybody will now understand why I want to wring some necks.

On my first app for a new licence for rifle in 2005, they also made a balls up. They sent my whole file, fingerprints to Psira where I was suddenly registered as a private security company. I personally went and got the file back and took it to CFR, handing it to a cerain Sup Naidoo secretary, who promised me she will hand it to him for consideration. That was in Apr 2007. They lost it again. While attempting to get a copy of the file, received a letter Dec 2007 denying my licence for another handgun for hunting purposes. I applied for 8mm rifle. Submitted an appeal Jan 2008 and only received approval June 2008. Hunting season gone, because I had to work up loads for the rifle. Took longer than expected due to shortage of 8x60 cases and suitable 8mm points. Eye sight also went for a loop meaning, can not use iron sights fot ditances longer than 100m.
    Found another rifle from estate, battle with executors not understanding the FCA.

I trust everybody will now understand why I want to wring some necks.
    Just a question....which police station are you using?

The more I go throught these reports / incidents, it would appear that some of these problems are station related.

Since late last year I have done 3 renewals, 7 new application (of which two I am waiting for the actual license cards and two is still in progress) and 4 section 21 certificates and things has been "relative" smooth sailing. Yes I have had to do some follow up work and a bit of pushing at a point in time, but all went relative good. All was done at a specific police station and I can just take the proverbial hat off for this specific DFO office and the people working at this office. The office runs smoothly and they process what they have and send it off ASAP. Provincial does seem to create a bit of a delay and then CFR is the biggest delay IMO for myself.

I am just wondering if some of the problems is not station related (although part of the whole process and part and parcell of the CFR in Pta).

Just wondering..... confused0083

User

Brooklyn Pretoria

[quote=Corné ]
    Corne just wondering in this thread you are being specific about honing down on the specifics of the challenge experienced, and avoiding generalization or presumptive opinion, all of which are good yet in the VIP thread you are happy with an emotive single point emotive perception of an issue. just wondering........ ???
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

[quote=ABHM ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Corné
    Corne just wondering in this thread you are being specific about honing down on the specifics of the challenge experienced, and avoiding generalization or presumptive opinion, all of which are good yet in the VIP thread you are happy with an emotive single point emotive perception of an issue. just wondering........ ???
    Look like you are on a mission to bust my balls today.....

As for the VIP issue.....I have had my fair share of seeing how they operate and my comments are not just based on emotion but on personal experience / observation and some form of intelligence of sifting through the debris that these people leave behind and building a picture with it....and the picture ain't pretty....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast