Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default To 50cal or not?

Have your say here! Is it worth buying a 50cal Travelo or not? Take money out the equation. Would you buy one? Infact can somebody start a poll for me. i dont know how.

User

Default Re: To 50cal or not?

Soz bud, I don't know travelo.. Is it same as Barret .50cal sniper rifle?

For coolness factor it must be worth it! I wouldn't mind one personaly.

But it will be for sport ofcourse and not for hunting.

If you seriously considering it for sports use I think the 338 lapua is the option I will go for.

I'm not missing out on shooting that .50cal at huntex this year!

i bought one, and i have a 338LM Sako TRG as well, all my friends tend to agree that the 338LM is a better choice for all round before a 50 and i can not argue with them, the 50 is alot of money for just cool factor though, and i dont think there is much you could do with it realistically, okay they do hunt with them, but there are rifles much better suited to hunting, and i would not wanna carry my CMS 50 more then a few meters to set up. As a toy however it is awesome for sure, but at R122.50/ round from Truvelo themselves, it is not cheap to shoot, yes you can reload, but remember the pres to handle 50 loading cost me R5500.00, and dies around R4000.00. The scope i am putting on my CMS is just under R20,000.00. the carry case at R8000.00 and the upgraded bipod if you can get it, is another R8000.00 give or take, factor in the cost of a CMS at R65,000.00 and you see where i am going, even if you have the $ to do it, think wisely over it, you will probably have to get Martin Hood to do your application, and that is a couple more thousand, i have been a collector for more then 15 years and have another rifle very similar to the CMS. You will need to have some sort of need for the rifle to probably justify it to CFR. Also if i were a newish collector with a few guns, i probably would not even try to attempt buying and licensing the 50.. If you do consider all this and still go for it, enjoy, she is a beast...

User

If money wasn't a factor I'd have one tomorrow.

But then I'd also have a Veyron and a Gulfstream G650.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    If money wasn't a factor I'd have one tomorrow.

I like your thinking.

User

I'd settle with the 338LM myself :)

In a heartbeat ! I shot it once and it was like a drug.... ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andy_760901 View Post
    i bought one, and i have a 338LM Sako TRG as well, all my friends tend to agree that the 338LM is a better choice for all round before a 50 and i can not argue with them, the 50 is alot of money for just cool factor though, and i dont think there is much you could do with it realistically, okay they do hunt with them, but there are rifles much better suited to hunting, and i would not wanna carry my CMS 50 more then a few meters to set up. As a toy however it is awesome for sure, but at R122.50/ round from Truvelo themselves, it is not cheap to shoot, yes you can reload, but remember the pres to handle 50 loading cost me R5500.00, and dies around R4000.00. The scope i am putting on my CMS is just under R20,000.00. the carry case at R8000.00 and the upgraded bipod if you can get it, is another R8000.00 give or take, factor in the cost of a CMS at R65,000.00 and you see where i am going, even if you have the $ to do it, think wisely over it, you will probably have to get Martin Hood to do your application, and that is a couple more thousand, i have been a collector for more then 15 years and have another rifle very similar to the CMS. You will need to have some sort of need for the rifle to probably justify it to CFR. Also if i were a newish collector with a few guns, i probably would not even try to attempt buying and licensing the 50.. If you do consider all this and still go for it, enjoy, she is a beast...
    Dude, at those prices I realize now I can't afford to look in the direction of a .50...

Safari and Outdoor had the Steyr 50

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    I am more of a BBJ guy, but then different strokes and all that

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Safari and Outdoor had the Steyr 50
    For a paltry R105k. The kind of money you might lose down the back of the sofa.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast