User

Default Olight T25-R Tac Light

Olight T25 Regular - AA battery powered.

Features

Cree XR-E Q5 LED with Five digitally-regulated constant levels of output, one strobe, and two SOS modes:
    - 6 lumens : 80 hours
    - 15 lumens : 33 hours
    - 45 lumens : 12 hours
    - 90 lumens : 5 hours
    - 190 lumens : 1.5 hours
    - Strobe : 2 hours
    - SOS 40 hours

Features:
    Auto memory of the last chosen output level
    Ergonomic design
    Type III anodising
    Mil-spec aluminum - MIL-STD-810F
    Water-resistant
    Hardened glass lens
    Lock out function to prevent accidental activation

Specifications

Powered by 2x AA batteries
    Dimensions: 152.8mm (L) x 25mm (D) : 90g excluding batteries

Included accessories: holster, lanyard, spare o-rings, spare rubber boot.

Only R495 excluding shipping ex Pretoria
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Default Re: Olight T25-R Tac Light

I got one of these from SWATG yesterday.

An awesome little light. Seriously bright. What I really like is that it runs on penlight batteries which are a damn side cheaper that the lithium C123's.

My only gripe md217 is that its the T25 regular instead of the T25 tactical. It doesn't have a momentary-on function. For example, to use the strobe function, you have to click the tailcap on to get the light on and then give it a soft push to switch to strobe mode. I feel that this makes it a lot less practical as a tactical torch.

All things considered its a great little light for the price. How much extra would it cost to get the Tactical in instead of the Regular?

User

DrD,

Did SWATTIE not demo well enough ? grn1

I will order T models in the future - If you keep this one in the box I will swop it out when the T models come in (price should be the similar) or If you keep this one I will give you a dealer price on the T model and you can use the R model as the dedicated car light.

It is quite funny that the manufacturer made the operation of the T25 and T20 different - the T20 is a CR123 light and has momentary on in the "R" model. confused0083

Let me know what you prefer and I will fix it. kissass

User

Thanks Sir!

Like a typical male I declined the demo. "Don't worry, I'll figure it out". I've still got the packaging so I'll give it some thought. Its an awesome light tho

User

It would make a good Go-Bag light anyway.

2 Lights are better than one ;D especially if you leave the one in the Go-Bag or car permanently.

Take your time and let me know ;D

User

Two is one and one is none.

I'm quite chuffed with the rechargeable CR123s... paid for themselves quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave
    ....What I really like is that it runs on penlight batteries which are a damn side cheaper that the lithium C123's.
    Have you tried rechargeable CR123 batteries Dr Dave? I have about 6 rechargeable CR123 batteries that I use between my Fenix P2D, Blitzer and another 2-cell torch. They work very well for me and I have been using them for around a year. They only have 2 drawbacks as far as I can see. They power the torch at full power until flat and then die without warning and they tend to discharge when left unused in a torch for a few weeks. I get around these limitations by always carrying a spare set of non-rechargeable CR123s with me and for torches that dont get used often I only use quality non-rechargeable batteries.

I have different makes of rechargeable CR123s (Digital, Uniross & some other) which cost around R80 each and the single and double chargers cost a few hundred Rands each. These were all found at security or camera type shops.

I agree with WRM, my rechargeable CR123s have paid for themselves a few times over already.

User

Thanks guys, thats useful advice. Rudes, which rechargable lithiums gave you the best performance? I'd rather not buy twice

I haven't done any tests to see which is better but I have not had problems with any of the rechargeables I have bought.

Just another caution: Some torches don't work with the rechargeable CR123 batteries. My Glock tactical light does not work with them and I think the halogen Surefire torches also don't work with them.

Maybe test before you buy.

Hey Bloody Dr Dave, If you had your phone with you today you would have heard all the voicemails I left for you, offering you a swop, guess you where playing around with the veggies, hey happy0065