User

Default Olight i6 recoil rated

I currently use a Felix PD30 for a Edc and bedside torch. However I want something that I can use on my shotgun and future saiga ak.

I have been looking around and the olight i6 as the simple simplistically features that I want: momentary on, max 2 mods, no strobe function.

So is the olight i6 recoil rated? Or should I rather spend double and get a Felix tk series?

I don't want a dedicated wml or I would be going for the Inforce.

Thanks in advance

User

Default Re: Olight i6 recoil rated

I have got the i6, great light at the price,but I didn't see any mention about it being recoil rated. I'm sure khumba will be able to answer .

User

Do not forget about the P25, which is especially made to handle the recoil better from shotguns for instance Click Here - 860 awesome lumens as KK20 he knows http://nitecoresa.co.za/?product=nit...er-coming-soon R1650 2600 mAh battery and USB recharge cable included!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Celesti @ NiteCoreSA View Post
    Do not forget about the P25, which is especially made to handle the recoil better from shotguns for instance Click Here - 860 awesome lumens as KK20 he knows http://nitecoresa.co.za/?product=nit...er-coming-soon R1650 2600 mAh battery and USB recharge cable included!
    I was very interested in the nitecore products and enjoy your website, however my budget allowed for a i6 and maybe a m20 but went the i6 route as 80% of the time it will be used as a home defense light.

The mt2c might be in my immediate future though

User

Why not get a dedicated WML?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    I was very interested in the nitecore products and enjoy your website, however my budget allowed for a i6 and maybe a m20 but went the i6 route as 80% of the time it will be used as a home defense light.

The mt2c might be in my immediate future though
    The MT2C is very popular due to the 360 lumens being compacted into a 12.5 cm housing amazing stuff... click here if anyone is interested http://nitecoresa.co.za/?product=wok...ght-280-lumens

User

The emiitter wil be fine on probably most LED lights. The problem comes in with the type of battery and contact set-up of the light - some may handle shotgun recoil and others not.

Afaik Olight does not rate the i6 which does not mean it cannot handle the recoil. I do not know if it will be able to but I know some of our customers utilise the i6 as a shotgun light. I do not have feedback on that, good or bad.

If you are serious about your equment and you are really going to rely on the light for defensive purposes I would recommend the use of a dedicated weapons light like the Inforce WML.

There are very good reason it uses only one CR123 battery. One is the fact that there is less inertia forces on the battery contacts of the light.....

User

I will use it as a wml if I need it otherwise I will wait to get my streamlight polytac led.

The Inforce apl might be the best option though so I can use it on my pistol as well.

Thanks for the replies