Thread: Sanna 77 SMG

User

Question Sanna 77 SMG

Hi, I have a sanna 77 acquired years ago, the reliability of this is obviously well know amoungst the fraternity, feels more like a bolt action, does anyone know a good gunsmith to take the task of getting it to work (cycle)? or any ideas or suggestions ?

User

Default Re: Sanna 77 SMG

Use it as a boat anchor.

If you think JAM is something you put on bread, just fire a Sanna 77, or rather try to fire it.

I also have one and I have to agree with both you and Yeager. The only problem is that I am stubborn and I refuse to be beaten. I will get it working!

So far I found that the barrel must be as tight as possible. The fact that there is a funny nut on the front does not help. If the barrel is loose then it lowers at the back and the bolt does not line up to strike it properly.

The next problem that I found was that shooting 125gr lead bullets at 1200fps gave me tumbles. I sorted this out with 125gr fmj.

The next problem was the front post is too short and the shot went way over the target (with the lowest rear sight setting). I fixed that by drilling a hole below the V.

The last problem lies in the area of extraction. It is impossible to cycle without firing unless you have a lot of dummy rounds. This make it a bit difficult to check a home. Someone told me that if the bolt moves back too fast then it does not extract the case in time. It may be worthwhile checking.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.

User

Morning guys, I have all of the HMC. BXP, Northwood, Sanna, Kommando and Cobra. and off all of them the sanna gave me the most problems, I ask my gunsmith to do a bit of work on it and it is a bit better now.