Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: black powder yeah!

No problem. Always glad to be help.

I have never shot a BP gun as yet. This past Saturday I had the opportunity to shoot one. I am not sure the make/model but it was a .50 using round ball, percussion cups and Sanadex. It was not loaded 'high' and it was very nice.... ;D

It was just one shot but I could see myself getting one of those and play around with it...... ;D

Enjoy your BP shooting............ happy0065

User

Shooting patched roundball is great fun. They can be accurate if loaded right, and cost next to nothing to shoot. Craig, if you are in the centurion/Pretoria are and want to do some more bp shooting, gimme a private mail, and we can get together. You can even have a taste for the real big stuff, like shooting a .72 double rifle, firing 800grain missiles!!!

Mic,

I think you intended saying Corné and not Craig....
    Unfortunately I am not tin the area and won't be there soon, but if I were, I would take you up on the offer. (I am in PE)
    I was surprised at the accuracy of the round ball as we were shooting at a object about the size of 500mm x 500mm at +/-150m and considering my shaking and open sights, it was quite accurate....

User

Yes, sorry I meant you Corne. Call me up next time you are in the Pretoria area and have some time to spare. I'm sure we can make a plan.

Mic,

Thanks,I will keep it in mind.... hpy180

User

What's the status of Black powder in SA? Word up here in USA is that you distributor is no l onger going to import it!

DD

User

The guys from the BPSU have managed to convince AEL to import the satuff again, but at a higher price. As far as I know Wano (german powder) now sells for about R200 for 500grams. This is close to our local substitute powder called "Sannadex" which sells for R185 per 500grams in Pretoria. The BPSU rules states that you may not use substitute black powder in any competition.

there is(according to the wif) only one thing wrong with black powder it is more adictive than drugs.

i have the usual reprodutions but lately i have been lucky enough that i have laid my stickies on to some originals.

a .69 calibre, pistol made by Chrales Grierson

a .69 / 10 gauge cape gun mae by william powell

a .577 two band enfield, 1856

to name a few, bragging yes my wif must love me why i dont know ;D

User

Hi all, just bought a 1851 navy colt rebel .44 caliber revolver (replica) made by Pietta in Italy. It is a beautiful weapon. I read up on the original a bit, seems like Wild Bill Hickock had two of them, his favourites (ivory handles the works) I went to the department of explosives today to apply for my BP permit. Would hopefully get it before next week Tuesday (according to the lady who took my application) Can't wait to clear its throat with a lot of fire and smoke and big bangs ;D

Is Sanadex corrosive if left in the cylinder? is it best to load it just before shooting it or can one leave it loaded as a last resort? How long can you leave the Sanadex in before it deteriorates too much? Lots of questions, but new to the game. fighting0002

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast