Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default letters for dedicated status

I am required to write a letter saying why I want to be declared a dedicate Sportsman. the blocks say " I enjoy it" is not reason enough.

can any one help me with a reply that they might find acceptable confused. confused0083

Default Re: letters for dedicated status

To who are you writing this letter? I am confused as for example IDPA and IPSC works basically on a points system. If you obtain the points, there is not much else you need to do......

Please supply more detail regarding your dilemma....

Most hunting associations work on a similar system involving a written and practical test!

Never heard of a motivation being required???

Whether or not one is dedicated is a question of fact. You are dedicated or you are not. If your association doesnt want to support you after taking your money, join another.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Whether or not one is dedicated is a question of fact. You are dedicated or you are not. If your association doesnt want to support you after taking your money, join another.
    Yes and No....It is not that easy. You might be wanting to do say IDPA (just using an example) and you are having a problem....there is no other IDPA is SA other than SADPA and thus you can't join someone else to safisfy that specific criteria.....

I was told the procedure, is once I get my 20 points +. I must apply for my Dedicated Sportsman Status. and part of this is a letter stating why I want to be declared a "dedicated Sportsman'. If this is incorrect can you please enlighten me as to the proper steps that I must follow.

I am a member of Witbank Practical Pistol Club and SAPA

:( :o confused0083

Quote Originally Posted by ed rossiter
    I was told the procedure, is once I get my 20 points +. I must apply for my Dedicated Sportsman Status. and part of this is a letter stating why I want to be declared a "dedicated Sportsman'. If this is incorrect can you please enlighten me as to the proper steps that I must follow.

I am a member of Witbank Practical Pistol Club and SAPA

:( :o confused0083
    I would say this "I require dedicated sport shooting status in order to be exempted from the numerical limits relating to firearms, primers and ammunition as imposed by the FCA so that I may fully particpate in and explore my chosen sport."
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

I do IPSC and yes you need the points. Your club and province is responsible to keep track of these points and your province then supply you with a letter stating that you are now 'dedicated'. The only reason that I could think about that would hinder this is (a)the province does not have their affairs in order (b)the province might feel that you are not safe and fit to be awarded this status. I recently required such a letter and I asked the appropriate person for this letter and a couple day's later I had it.

User

I migth get tapped over the fingers for this response but so be it.

Tell them that you would like to get dedicated status to start your own BEE non-profit shooting Range in a rural area at grassroots level for the previously disadvantaged people to teach them safe handling of firearms.

That might be just be the most political correct thing that I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!! hpy71

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast