Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default 147gr federal hydra-shok 9mm

Hi all.
    I went to collect my FA today, the lady at the GS said they only had the above named ammo in stock as far as hollow points go, now I'm reading some bad things about it.
    So i was just wondering if anyone has an opinion about this ammo?
    I spent a bit more than I intended on for getting 40 rounds for my two mags and might just be suffering from delayed Buyers' remorse and all I really wanted was ranger T's...

User

Default Re: 147gr federal hydra-shok 9mm

I have some in my carry gun! They probably are not the best on the market but don't let test with jugs of water fool you! The cycle well and will surely make excessive damage where it hits! I think they are old school JHP comparing to the new bonded bullets but with the expansion and that pin in front I would not want to be at the receiving end.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...tYxb6dxbLdFkEz

User

The only bullet that drills a pilot hole.. Lol

User

I got my Glock 2 weeks ago and the guy at the counter suggested the same ammo for SD. I only bought 20 rounds, they are freaking expensive you know. At R360 a box i was shocked.
    Only then did i do some home work and i set my mind at ease after the 50th video on the subject. I went and bought another 20 for my second clip. Have a look at this

I am no expert on this and would love to know what the real experst out there say. Are we good with this ammo.

User

Thanks, I feel much better now. I think the next bunch of my hard earned money I spend is going on reloading equipment, before I buy replacement carry ammo...these heavy bullets will be great for one day when I buy a can:)

User

@poentang.. The ammo in the video is federal HST not hydrashok. They have similar properies as the ranger T's hydra shok expansion is much different. Did you by HST or hydra shok?

User

User

It's good ammo. Relax.

The only worry I have is that you didn't buy enough to function test in your pistol as well. THAT is where you lose money.

EDIT: No, sorry, you don't lose money. You pay it for testing. It's NEEDED, not an option.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    It's good ammo. Relax.The only worry I have is that you didn't buy enough to function test in your pistol as well. THAT is where you lose money.EDIT: No, sorry, you don't lose money. You pay it for testing. It's NEEDED, not an option.
    Yeah you actually pay with your life if your ammo malfunctions at a critical time. That is why you need to function test at least 3 mags full.

User

Hydra shok aint great.There is still some Ranger T floating about so grab some.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast