Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: CZ 75 spares kits

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    The second longest time in IDPA are those seconds between finishing a hectic stage and seeing the results downrange. First you have to concentrate on unload-and-show-clear while simultaneously trying to see if the SO has a finger in the air. Then you walk downrange to get the verdict on that headshot which you knew you should have filled in, but didn’t.

The longest time, however, are those hours between when your gun chokes and you’ve got the replacement spares in your hand. For that reason I like having the basic spares close at hand. They are also invaluable when trying to trace a problem. Quickly swapping a spring or two beats wondering about the cause, and you can always swap them back if it doesn’t cure the problem. According to CZ, springs should be changed every 6000 – 7000 shots, or if the old one is one coil shorter than a new one. Most of these parts would therefore require replacement sometime during the life of the pistol anyway.

I’ve made up two kits consisting of the spares that I like having available: The first comprise of the basic stuff to keep a 75 running, and can be kept in the range bag. All parts can be replaced with a basic field strip:
    • Slide stop
    • Recoil spring
    • 2x magazine springs
    • Priced at R550
    • Kits are available for 75B/Pre-B or Shadow models. Slide stops and magazine springs differ between the models, but can be specified to your preference.

The second will require further disassembly of the gun to replace. Depending on what you use the gun for, you might prefer having the work done by your gunsmith, but having the spares available is always comforting. Should you prefer to do the work yourself, you will be required to hit your own gun with a hammer, which is a bit traumatic the first time but it can also be very rewarding. Finding the right size punches is for some reason difficult, and I’m therefore including them with the kit, together with one or two little things that make the job easier:
    • Extractor
    • Extractor spring
    • Firing pin roll pin (generic)
    • Trigger spring
    • Main spring
    • 2mm punch
    • 3mm punch
    • Jewellers screwdrivers (cheap stuff, just to manoeuvre some springs)
    • Slave pin (to assist with replacing the trigger pin)
    • Priced at R450
    • Kits are available for 75B/preB or Shadow models. Only the extractor spring differs.

Kits can be found under the specific gun directory at www.jizni.co.za, or contact me for further enquiries.

Have you considered selling these kits again?

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    Have you considered selling these kits again?
    Sometimes I think I tend to live on my own planet, especially when placing facebook posts like this week's:

February is the month of love, and I love maths!

Seriously, we’ve been hammering on so much about availability that I’ve decided to do a short series on why it is important to us, and how we are managing it.

Let’s start by assuming that we have a product that is available 83% of the time. (Same as throwing a die and getting anything but a six.) Sounds reasonable? In our business, though, clients often need a couple of items at the same time. This changes things. Let’s assume you need four items. The joint probability of having all four available simultaneously can be shown to be 0.83^4 = 0.48. So we’ll have stock of the complete set only 48% of the time - not reasonable at all. In our experience, we often need individual availabilities of high in the nineties to solve our clients’ problems.

This is why a product is not just a product at Jizni. We put a lot of effort into understanding our products, our suppliers, our clients, and our role in bringing them together.
    Then I get a question such as your's and I realise that theory does have a place in the real world. These kits were discontinued long ago because of the problem described above. Initially, I had a full 20 part overhaul kit planned as well, and started building stock for it, but I could never get everything together at the same time.

So, unfortunately, we're not planning any more of these kits.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    Sometimes I think I tend to live on my own planet, especially when placing facebook posts like this week's:

Then I get a question such as your's and I realise that theory does have a place in the real world. These kits were discontinued long ago because of the problem described above. Initially, I had a full 20 part overhaul kit planned as well, and started building stock for it, but I could never get everything together at the same time.

So, unfortunately, we're not planning any more of these kits.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Marius, much appreciated

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4