Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default CZ 75 spares kits

The second longest time in IDPA are those seconds between finishing a hectic stage and seeing the results downrange. First you have to concentrate on unload-and-show-clear while simultaneously trying to see if the SO has a finger in the air. Then you walk downrange to get the verdict on that headshot which you knew you should have filled in, but didn’t.

The longest time, however, are those hours between when your gun chokes and you’ve got the replacement spares in your hand. For that reason I like having the basic spares close at hand. They are also invaluable when trying to trace a problem. Quickly swapping a spring or two beats wondering about the cause, and you can always swap them back if it doesn’t cure the problem. According to CZ, springs should be changed every 6000 – 7000 shots, or if the old one is one coil shorter than a new one. Most of these parts would therefore require replacement sometime during the life of the pistol anyway.

I’ve made up two kits consisting of the spares that I like having available: The first comprise of the basic stuff to keep a 75 running, and can be kept in the range bag. All parts can be replaced with a basic field strip:
    • Slide stop
    • Recoil spring
    • 2x magazine springs
    • Priced at R550
    • Kits are available for 75B/Pre-B or Shadow models. Slide stops and magazine springs differ between the models, but can be specified to your preference.

The second will require further disassembly of the gun to replace. Depending on what you use the gun for, you might prefer having the work done by your gunsmith, but having the spares available is always comforting. Should you prefer to do the work yourself, you will be required to hit your own gun with a hammer, which is a bit traumatic the first time but it can also be very rewarding. Finding the right size punches is for some reason difficult, and I’m therefore including them with the kit, together with one or two little things that make the job easier:
    • Extractor
    • Extractor spring
    • Firing pin roll pin (generic)
    • Trigger spring
    • Main spring
    • 2mm punch
    • 3mm punch
    • Jewellers screwdrivers (cheap stuff, just to manoeuvre some springs)
    • Slave pin (to assist with replacing the trigger pin)
    • Priced at R450
    • Kits are available for 75B/preB or Shadow models. Only the extractor spring differs.

Kits can be found under the specific gun directory at www.jizni.co.za, or contact me for further enquiries.

User

Default Re: CZ 75 spares kits

Do you maybe have a mag follower or two to include in that first kit? Also, (a) base plate(s). A full mag dropped to clear a stoppage or something can bend the base plate on the CZ refusing the mag to fully enter the mag well. I've had it happen to me once before.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Do you maybe have a mag follower or two to include in that first kit? Also, (a) base plate(s). A full mag dropped to clear a stoppage or something can bend the base plate on the CZ refusing the mag to fully enter the mag well. I've had it happen to me once before.
    Interesting suggestion, thanks. The kits are mostly based on my own experience and some general discussion, so I appreciate some input from other CZ users.

The problem is those two small things add a good amount of money to the kit. One of each will bring us over R700. One could also argue that if you carry a mag spring, follower and base, you'd be better off carrying a spare mag.

What I really want to do with this kit is allow somebody to solve the most common problems on the range. Mags are one of those problems, but do you add springs for one, two or three? Do you really need followers and bases or can that be taken care of afterwards?

All ideas appreciated...

User

Wow R700? Base plates are cheap, less than R100 easily. Rubber coated base plates (not +1 or +2 shoes) cost about R90. Steel should be cheaper (they're $5 on CZ Custom). Also, how much would you charge for a follower? Are they really that expensive? On CZ Custom they go for $4,50 a piece, and I'd like to own a few anyway.

What parts for magazines do you sell at Jizni? I've seen the website, but it's not really very varied. I'd like to believe you have more than you've put up so far! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Wow R700? Base plates are cheap, less than R100 easily. Rubber coated base plates (not +1 or +2 shoes) cost about R90. Steel should be cheaper (they're $5 on CZ Custom). Also, how much would you charge for a follower? Are they really that expensive? On CZ Custom they go for $4,50 a piece, and I'd like to own a few anyway.

What parts for magazines do you sell at Jizni? I've seen the website, but it's not really very varied. I'd like to believe you have more than you've put up so far! :)

What I meant to say was that if we add your $9.5 odd to the current price of a kit it's a considerable amount of money. So I need to make some kind of call on what is likely to be needed, and what can be left out or bought separately.

I'm slowly adding to the website, starting with the more interesting stuff first. If you're looking for something specific, please contact me.

User

I'm specifically looking for 3 new springs for the standard mags and 2 followers for the standard mags, but I'll contact you shortly!

R.I.P. Feb 2015

Do you still have stock of these kits?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bokman View Post
    Do you still have stock of these kits?
    I recall there still being in stock during the week when I checked on some things. Have a look on jizni.co.za.

WARNING: this is a very dangerous website LOL.

PS, I plan on placing an order at the end of the month if you're interested (save on postage)

SAS

hi

has your night sights

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast