Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: CZ 75 spares kits

Quote Originally Posted by LR Van Druten View Post
    I like your rationale on the kit and knowing you as an avid shooter I expected this sound practical approach. The kit must be a 'survival till back at home kit' and therefore will not include any of the smaller and non-magazine springs or parts. Just for interest. If you look after your magazine springs and do not leave all your magazines loaded to maximum 24/7 then they should not give any problems and last long. Just never ever try to manually stretch them. I have a 1986 CZ75 pre B model that I have been using for many years inter alia for IPSC shooting and after 100,000 plus have never replaced a spring on my CZ. Not even a slide stop. All aftermarket part I have is a recoil buffer. Cool.
    Airsoft guns don't count dude.
    Israeli Carry is for dead people

User

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
    Airsoft guns don't count dude.
    Too good

User

I am going to side with those who don't believe the 100K rounds with no stoppages or spring replacement. I have a 75 B with a guaranteed 70K + rounds through it. I have broken a slide stop, the firing pin retainer cross pin and had to have an oversized front site pressed in because the first one started wobbling around. I'm currently on my 5th recoil spring and I only replace them when the gun starts ejecting funny (as in straight back or back into the ejection port) This gun only shoots mild 130 factor ammo and I get about 12K to 15K rounds from it before it stops working properly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    I am going to side with those who don't believe the 100K rounds with no stoppages or spring replacement. I have a 75 B with a guaranteed 70K + rounds through it. I have broken a slide stop, the firing pin retainer cross pin and had to have an oversized front site pressed in because the first one started wobbling around. I'm currently on my 5th recoil spring and I only replace them when the gun starts ejecting funny (as in straight back or back into the ejection port) This gun only shoots mild 130 factor ammo and I get about 12K to 15K rounds from it before it stops working properly.
    That's the 'problem' with GS, there are people who have been there and done that and can call you out on your bullshit

User

My CZ75 (pre-B) transitional has about 37k rounds through it. I am on the third slide stop pin, third extractor and extractor spring and also the third recoil spring. I also had to replace the roll pin keeping the front sight in place.

User

Your other bits would all last longer if you changed those recoil springs every 5000 😀

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Your other bits would all last longer if you changed those recoil springs every 5000 
    There is a marked difference in changing main and recoil spring every 5k rounds. Its like shooting a totally different gun

User

My shadow will be crossing the 100 000 round mark sometime this year

I do look after her pretty well

Only part breakage I've ever had is a broken trigger bar spring of all things. Pistol still functioned just fine with only one half of the spring

Quote Originally Posted by neilh View Post
    There is a marked difference in changing main and recoil spring every 5k rounds. Its like shooting a totally different gun
    You raise an interesting point that I have been pondering on for a while. The hammer or mainspring plays a vital role is retarding and impacting on slide velocity. In fact the mainspring on the high power was increased at some point for this very reason. If the recoilspring wears no doubt the mainspring does the same. To what degree or even if in proportion I have no clue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast