Default CZ 550 .375 HHM SafariBarnes TSX 270 gr

Hi to all siters.
    Got back home from the shooting range today , disappointed. I relaoded ammo for my .375 HHM Safari and went to test fire them. I loaded with Barnes TSX 270 gr FB with 63.5 gr S335. Sitting at 100m all the shots were about 300-400mm low. Not wanting to waste any more bullets I called it a day cause Barnes costs a arm and a leg to waste on target shooting. Shot with Winchester 270 gr a while back and it was fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Banned

Default Re: CZ 550 .375 HHM SafariBarnes TSX 270 gr

It does not matter where the gun prints - if 400mm low what kind of group did it shoot. Your scope can be adjusted to get it to point of aim. Accuracy is what you want. Did you measure speed of the shots?

Driepootx.
    Thanx for your reply , no I have not measured the speed. Adjusted the scope on Friday to zero at 200m, for a Blesbok hunt in June. App. the shots are +- 200m. Shot again on Saturday morning. Again about 400mm low. Begining to think it might be the scope. ??

Banned

I would say scope mounts. Can the mounts be reversed i.e. swop between front and back. Check if there is a height difference between the 2. If not you might have to shim so that the rear is elevated slightly.