User

Default Regulations/Laws about hunting on your own land/co-owned land in Limpopo

Friend of mine's family co-own a farm near Vaalwater in Limpopo. He has gotten some conflicting info from PH's regarding the hunting/shooting and meat removal from the farm.

What are the legal requirements? Can he hunt and shoot one and remove the meat?

User

Default Re: Regulations/Laws about hunting on your own land/co-owned land in Limpopo

Download the provincial ordinance on the PHASA website. If not exempt, may only hunt in winter and I think need permits from nature conservation.

User

Default Re: Regulations/Laws about hunting on your own land/co-owned land in Limpopo

Quote Originally Posted by LoopSoosStroop View Post
    Friend of mine's family co-own a farm near Vaalwater in Limpopo. He has gotten some conflicting info from PH's regarding the hunting/shooting and meat removal from the farm.

What are the legal requirements? Can he hunt and shoot one and remove the meat?
    My mother used to co-own a farm in the Alldays area. If he is a co-owner he doesn't need a permit for certain game animals so can shoot impala and a few other species.

If he is NOT a co-owner he needs to buy a hunting license from the department of nature conservation. There is an office situated in the old CO-OP building in ModiMole (Nylstroom) You just go there, fill in the form with the species you wish to hunt pay a few rands and you are perfectly legal in hunting and transporting meat

User

Agree with the hunting license, i think it costs around R30 for the year.

I would get a letter from the farm manager / owner etc detailing what was hunted and where. The nature conservation guy stopping you wont beleive i'm the owner etc.