Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Are SA whites really being killed “like flies”? Why Steve Hofmeyr is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gertjie87 View Post
    Ofcourse there is. That has always been the case even in the argentina economic collapse. People are evil and when no one is around they do evil shit. It is horrible crimes, but when you clock the total 2019 farm murders (57) in one day for our general murder rate then you have to wonder if they are out to get us. You see it seems insane when a number is qouted murder/100000 until you realise it is 57 farm murders for the whole 2019 while 56 people got murdered everyday in the country.
    Dont get me wrong all crime is horrible and the farm murders are evil but there is no sa whites being killed like flies.
    So yes rural attacks are far more brutal but much less common than urban attacks.
    That 57 is from a relatively small occupational group. And they are not the only Whites being murdered.
    The 56 per day will include a lot of gang-related violence. And perhaps domestic violence. Subtract that and you see what the proportions are.

As said, Africa Check isn't exactly a neutral source and Nechama Brodie had a dog in the game, when writing that article.

I'm however more interested into her argument that decrease in murder rate would be achieved by stricter gun laws (While ignoring historical context there, socio-economic change, etc.).

Default Re: Are SA whites really being killed “like flies”? Why Steve Hofmeyr is wrong

Ofcourse there is. That has always been the case even in the argentina economic collapse. People are evil and when no one is around they do evil shit. It is horrible crimes, but when you clock the total 2019 farm murders (57) in one day for our general murder rate then you have to wonder if they are out to get us. You see it seems insane when a number is qouted murder/100000 until you realise it is 57 farm murders for the whole 2019 while 56 people got murdered everyday in the country.
    Dont get me wrong all crime is horrible and the farm murders are evil but there is no sa whites being killed like flies.
    So yes rural attacks are far more brutal but much less common than urban attacks.
    But of course rural attacks on white farmers is less common because they are RURAL. There should hardly be any murders just because of where the farmers live.

Farmers are a small percentage of the population and they live isolated away from cities, YET they are still being murdered, and tortured horrendously as well some of the time. The fact that there is torture involved before killing shows that there is something more than just monetary gain, hate, or more than likely racial motivation for the killing.

Those SA murder numbers you quoted, how many are gang members or a part of organised crime. How many are your average SA citizen?

User

A farmer is a farmer regardless of race. I did not link race to farm attacks. I wonder if the numbers quoted is “farmer “ only or all that died in a farm attack.

Just to put it in perspective

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.t...hile-off-duty/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

SA Population = 57 000 000
    Murders per year = 50 000
    Chance of being murdered = 0.08%

Farmers = 40 000
    Muders per year = 57
    Chance of being murdered = 0.14%

That is pretty much double.

The number of farm attacks 2019 = 552
    Number of people attacked = 1000
    Farmers = 40 000
    Chance of being attacked = 2.5%

If you ask me that is a horrendous chance of getting attacked.
    Also why some stats show being an SA farmer is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

As for white people being killed, we should focus on NO people being killed in this country, regardless of race, and that means getting rid of the anc first and foremost.

User

Messor I agree with that statement "we should focus on NO people being killed in this country". All lives matter.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    As for white people being killed, we should focus on NO people being killed in this country, regardless of race, and that means getting rid of the anc first and foremost.
    Sure: No people being killed would be ideal.
    But I think the issue here is that people are murdered, because they belong to a specific ethnic group. Lot of the other homicides are probably gang violence, robbery-related killings where race/ethnicity of the victims virtually didn't play any role.

I think I need to start a separate thread on the issue of gun law and murder rates.

User

One murder in our country is one murder too much..

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    One murder in our country is one murder too much..
    True words Gert.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    SA Population = 57 000 000
    Murders per year = 50 000
    Chance of being murdered = 0.08%

Farmers = 40 000
    Muders per year = 57
    Chance of being murdered = 0.14%

That is pretty much double.

The number of farm attacks 2019 = 552
    Number of people attacked = 1000
    Farmers = 40 000
    Chance of being attacked = 2.5%

If you ask me that is a horrendous chance of getting attacked.
    Also why some stats show being an SA farmer is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world.

This is my point the dataset is way to small making any sort of conclusion based on 57 murders per year cant be accurate. I also believe it is intellectually dishonest to make conclusions and assumptions based on amount of farmers and amounts murdered. What if we link murder rate to surface area? It would show farms to be the safest places on earth. If we linked murders to population density again would show farms to be safe spaces. If we link farm murders to national murders it becomes a blib on the radar. My guess is if we compared farm murders with the murder of white urbanites we might realize that being white in an urban area is more dangerous than farming. When comparing the murder rate of black people in townships we will find that that is probably the crappiest stat of all.
    Not everything i say is aimed at messor just used his post as a starting point.

I do believe every community needs to look after their own and as such i will always be part of our farming communities response. And we should definitely keep fighting to make our rural areas safer. Claiming that farmers are under attack and singled out for their race or profession is not helping though. Standing together creating farm watches talking to your neighbours being alert to your environment and for petes sakes carry your f$&cking gun is the way to make out rural areas safer.

User

This is my point the dataset is way to small making any sort of conclusion based on 57 murders per year cant be accurate. I also believe it is intellectually dishonest to make conclusions and assumptions based on amount of farmers and amounts murdered. What if we link murder rate to surface area? It would show farms to be the safest places on earth. If we linked murders to population density again would show farms to be safe spaces. If we link farm murders to national murders it becomes a blib on the radar. My guess is if we compared farm murders with the murder of white urbanites we might realize that being white in an urban area is more dangerous than farming. When comparing the murder rate of black people in townships we will find that that is probably the crappiest stat of all.
    Not everything i say is aimed at messor just used his post as a starting point.

I do believe every community needs to look after their own and as such i will always be part of our farming communities response. And we should definitely keep fighting to make our rural areas safer. Claiming that farmers are under attack and singled out for their race or profession is not helping though. Standing together creating farm watches talking to your neighbours being alert to your environment and for petes sakes carry your f$&cking gun is the way to make out rural areas safer.
    You misunderstood the point of my post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast