Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Interesting discussion.
    Please remember to play the ball & not the Boet.

Thanks in advance
    Camo
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by SA needs a Militia View Post
    Boet, I dont know where you get your info, but I think I am a bit more well read than you, and experienced.
    Really?

Oh, and the movies we saw also showed months and months of border ops with chaniging intakes etc.
    Okay, that helps me understand you a lot better. You saw it in the movies then?

Also, what s a fallacy in your story is the Milans shooting out the tanks. in all my reading and Staff courses with the infantry and being in the general tail end of the old SADF, not once did I hear or read about a Milan shooting out a T55. ( there may have been 1 or two, but certainly not the mojoity or even close). Surely when the days work is over and we are all having a few suds, competing for the title of badass, someone amongst the infantry leader group would have made the badass claims of shooting out tanks with Milans.
    What you don't know could probably fill a library. The folk that know about the French Foreign Legion's Milan teams were certainly NOT going to be talking about it on Staff Courses. Even now, France is silent on their active assistance during Modular and Hooper.

ANd the ZT 3's where crewed by 32 battalion. not denel staff.

A little bit of knowledge is dangerous. You are a very dangerous person.

32 Battalion GROUP, NOT 32 Btn at all. Because the battle groups were operating out of 32's base area, and used a majority of their infantry the Ops were organised under the name of 32 Battalion Group. EVERYONE chipped in. 61 Mech operated the Ratels under 32 Btn Group, 101 provided a number of Romeo Mike companies (under Robbie Hartslief from 32 Btn).
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Default I was there

Paul, not sure what wikipedia says, but I can tell you what happened. 3 G6s were in Angola for moduler. I was with them. The Oliphants were there - I saw them go past me after we'd had a break at the staging area. Get your facts straight before you disrespect the guys who were there...

Quote Originally Posted by cuban View Post
    Get your facts straight before you disrespect the guys who were there...
    Don't pick up stompies, and please do yourself the favour of acknowledging that I had already corrected myself re the 3 prototype G6s. You might also then also recognise that 3 pre-production units rushed to the front are not exactly a significant deployment in the grand scheme of things. Oh, and pray tell who I "disrespected"? The campers who threw the tracks on the Olifants and abandoned them to be captured intact? AFAICR only one was abandoned in a minefield as it was too difficult to recover under fire. What of the others. At least one was recovered by FAPLA by simply replacing a track section with spares onboard the vehicle and merrily driven away!
    Unknown Barbarian

Default another GV

and where were you during moduler while the tak guys were getting shot at? Do you know what their success rate was? Sounds like you do a lot of googling...

and where were you during moduler while the tak guys were getting shot at? Do you know what their success rate was? Sounds like you do a lot of googling...
    a) Who are you? You have only ever appeared on this thread to stink up the room, but haven't introduced yourself first (as is custom on GS),

b) I had already left the permanent force by then, but had been shot at plenty already (thanks very much).

c) Sounds like you do a lot of bulls**ting
    Unknown Barbarian

Default another GV

Cuban: Insulting & derogatory post wont be toletrated

You have been warned!
    Last edited by camouflage762; 18-06-2010 at 17:09. Reason: Insulting post.

Hey Cuban,

Why dont you introduce yourself at Introductions - GunSite South Africa™ - South Africa’s Firearm, Tactical & Hunting Discussion Forums.

Give us some background etc, then we can all play nice.

Thanks
    Camo
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

fair enough. Apologies to everyone else. Didn't mean to get so heated. It's just something I feel strongly about.

Cuban: Check your Pm inbox ASAP!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast