Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    We live in Africa. In cases like these I would consider "african style" justice, meaning harsh and efficient treatment of the guilty party:
    First rape offence: castration;
    Second rape offence: death sentence.

(Problem with my preposition: what about false accusations etc?)
    If you are worried about false accusations, why not wait for the perp to actually be found guilty before handing out the punishment?

Banned

Default Re: Alleged rapist ‘caught in the act’

Quote Originally Posted by Zipp View Post
    Ds J, i see another problem with your proposal. I don't think a second offence is possible after the first punishment.
    I'm no expert here (have better things to do with my time, like reloading etc) but according to a doctor friend of mine, a second offence is possible in more than one way.

1. When a man is neutered, (testicles removed), he will not be immediately become impotent, hence second, third etc offences are possible.

2. According to psychologists, rape is not only or necessarily conducted with male genitals. Under certain circumstances, almost any form of forced penetration could be considered rape.

I didn't know about these things. It came as quite a shocker when I heard it first time but it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Point is, not all people think and feel the same about their conduct. In SA, where rape of women and children is a special problem, I do not think our laws should be so nice. Make it NOT WORTHWHILE to even think of doing certain things.

Crafty's example "There was this one case where the police told the woman they can't do anything about the rape case. Even though she knew the raper. She then simply handed him over to the Taxi Bosses. Apparently, they deal with a lot of the cases that does not go to court or whatever. Perp gets tied to a pole, and a bunch of people get 1.5m lenths of hose pipe. The victim has the 1st hit, then some "henchmen" spend about 20 minutes with the perp " shows that "Jungle Justice" is much more effective than discussing a rapists human rights in parliament.

User

Quote Originally Posted by links69 View Post
    I hope they put him in the same cell with JM. John Mongrel
    That cell would be the furnace of hell then, because John Mongrel is no longer a parasite of our hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    , a second offence is possible in more than one way.

2. According to psychologists, rape is not only or necessarily conducted with male genitals. Under certain circumstances, almost any form of forced penetration could be considered rape.
    When you speak of an offence, a psychologist's definition of rape is irrelevant. The legal definition will be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by zulushark View Post
    That cell would be the furnace of hell then, because John Mongrel is no longer a parasite of our hard earned money.
    AIDS or killed?

User

Quote Originally Posted by gwj DICKDEKOCK View Post
    AIDS or killed?
    He wasn't killed from what I've heard, so the best bet would be to assume AIDS. Either way good riddance.

User

Tie him up and throw him to the girls family.

Banned

Wonder who he votes for ???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gwj DICKDEKOCK View Post
    If you are worried about false accusations, why not wait for the perp to actually be found guilty before handing out the punishment?
    Dick, I work with people of all sorts and sizes a lot, up to the point that I firmly state: "About mankind I believe everything." My stating false accusations refers to a possible situation where a person has been successfully set up or framed . That creates a whole different scenario because he loses his man-tools because of a scorned person. There is no way to rectify that. And I am - due to the nature of mankind - very sure that it is possible.

I see your point, but the exact same thing can happen now-go to prison for decades after being framed. Just as bad or worse than losing your package...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2