Default What do you like most about shooting sports?

So let's hear it? You have a couple 'o guns which you could just leave in your safe (like most SA gunowners), but you've decided that you want to use 'em competitively. Why?
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: What do you like most about shooting sports?

Besides the fact that I get to shoot the sh*t out of stuff with my mates, I like talking to more experienced people and learing from their experiences. I was involved in shooting sports from a young age, but only got involved with IDPA about 3-4 years ago. I cannot tell you the fast amount of knowledge I gained, not only about guns and shooting, but...well basically everything w.r.t. a tactical way of life!

Having discussions with people in LE, gun dealers, trainers etc. really learned me a lot and I think differently about things like situational awareness, legal issues etc.

Did I mention I get to shoot stuff?

I'm not shooting much at the moment, but I was involved in ISPC at one stage. Why, well, I own a gun, I like guns, I like to shoot guns, I like to talk guns, and I like being around other people who have a similar interest, and having a hpy180 afterwards. ;D That was the primary reason for being involved in a shooting sport. I don't own a gun because I fear for my life, but because they interest me, shooting sports complement this. I think people who own a gun for the later reason rarely, if ever use them.

A big thats to BCC and the guys there, I enjoyed shooting with you and was always felt welcome.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    Besides the fact that I get to shoot the sh*t out of stuff with my mates, I like talking to more experienced people and learing from their experiences. I was involved in shooting sports from a young age, but only got involved with IDPA about 3-4 years ago. I cannot tell you the fast amount of knowledge I gained, not only about guns and shooting, but...well basically everything w.r.t. a tactical way of life!

Having discussions with people in LE, gun dealers, trainers etc. really learned me a lot and I think differently about things like situational awareness, legal issues etc.

;D

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I love firearms and love shooting them. I enjoy competition. I believe in the ability to protect myself and consider a firearm as a big part of this believe and thus I want to be proficient with it. The friends you make at the club is a absolute bonus. You meet people and share ideas and information and then you get some crazy bloke with the affinity for pink bags that start a Gunsite and then things just go completely haywire........... fighting0035

User

As my diminutive chum Bla said because I get to shoot stuff. Seriously though I carry one so I want to be able to use it as effectively as possible. I also enjoy the sport it forces me to push myself and you can never think oh good I have made it You can always push yourself to perform that little bit better. A huge reason though is that I like guns and like shooting them and this gives me an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla

;D

AWESOME!!!!! My new desktop background!!!