Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: adp in idpa?

User

Default adp in idpa?

any one who shoots a adp idn idpa? How competavive are they?

Default Re: adp in idpa?

We had a guy come and shoot a couple of matches with us and he had no problem using his ADP. He did struggle with some longer shots but I think this was more down to him having no/little practise with his weapon at these ranges rather than the weapon not being able to cope with it. ;D

BulM5rocks

We have a "senior" shooter (don't tell him I said that or he'll gut me) who sometimes shoots his ADP - he happens to know Alex DP and it took him quite a few trips to the workshop to get it working reliably. I think the safety might be a bit awkward to manipulate.

This sport is great in that you can take what you want from it - if you want to be competitive, you'll probably have to get rid of the ADP and get something more suitable for a "SPORT" If it's your carry gun, it's a fantastic way for you to see how well it's gonna work when the brown stuff hits the fan. What better way to test out your equipment - the BGs are made of cardboard and don't shoot back hpy71

the same applies to holster, mag pouches etc - you'll find out very quickly if what you've got is actually gonna work "on the street"

Take it off to your local range, give it a bash and see how it goes. IDPAers are a friendly bunch and wouldn't even laugh at you if rocked up on the range with a blunder buss (OK maybe SSP will laugh at you) hpy71

The beauty of the "SPORT" is that if you want to compete - you'll be up against other folks on a similar level.

Hit the range and have fun !!

I have never seen one in action. I think I have seen 1 or 2 in a gunshop somewhere along the line and then in Man Magnum.

However if you have one and it is working, knock yourself out and use the bloody thing.... md217

User

I do not think they are, generally speaking, "competitive" but they are sufficient and qualify to be used in the sport. But in the hands of a master it will most probably be competitive.

User

Could someone please tell me what an "ADP" is? It sounds most interesting... confused0083

User

You can use it and it will be fine for most stages......

With the longer shots (for that matter all short barreled weapons) it may become a bit of a problem. Good example stage 3 of the classifier. But please don't let this discourage you. We have guys with 5 shot snubs shooting.

Competitive ? I dare to say it may depend on th individual I've seen some impressive shooting with short barreled guns. The short barrel maybe preventing him from making master classification.

Shaan,

The ADP is a locally designed pistol. Off hand I can't remember the name of the person who did it but he left the country and joined Wilson Combat. Go to the www.wilsoncombat.com and you will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaan
    Could someone please tell me what an "ADP" is? It sounds most interesting... confused0083

Its locally designed. Not particularly successful or reliable. Uses a gas retarded blowback system similar to the CP1 and P7.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Thanks guys, The direct link is http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_adp.asp

They make it sound like quite a great pistol... best not to belive everything you read....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast