Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The VZs I got from Jizni

I am bowled over by the service I got from Jizni! What a pleasure dealing with someone as professional as Marius - absolutely effortless. It is an online buying experience to rival the best I have had.

I took part in the VZGrips group buy, that Marius ran through his Jizni web interface. Take a look at the end result - it is my Colt GoldCup Mod80 wearing VZ Operators in black gray G10. Stunning grips that take traction to a level that would scare F1 drivers:
    Attachment 11605

Thanks Marius - as I said in my email - service like this makes me want to get some CZ handguns to add to the 3 CZ long weapons that I have and love using.

User

Default Re: The VZs I got from Jizni

Holy hell yes that IS pretty...

John and the guys make some nice grips, eh? I am fortunate enough to live in the same town as them, so I have to do my best to stay away else I would spend ALL my lunch money on those things! (well, at least until they start producing grips for the square butt K and N frame Smith & Wesson revolvers)
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    John and the guys make some nice grips, eh?
    That they sure do!

I can understand your problem, Ikor - I would love my S&W Mod19 (square butt) to be wearing something from VZ - as it is, I am strongly considering getting some for my BHPs as well as for my dinky li'l' J-frame.....it is the choice that is so difficult - all their stuff just looks so appealing. Having now experienced their "feel" too, does not help my credit card one little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    John and the guys make some nice grips, eh? I am fortunate enough to live in the same town as them, so I have to do my best to stay away else I would spend ALL my lunch money on those things! (well, at least until they start producing grips for the square butt K and N frame Smith & Wesson revolvers)
    I cannot wait until they produce square but grips for the N-frame S&W, my M27 is demanding a set!

User

Looks amazing Sweet!

For most uses other than full-blown competition I tend to prefer the 'frag' pattern. It grips very well without acting like a wood rasp under a jacket or shirt...but the Operators are great too. One caveat is to make sure you have some rubber 'o' rings or use some tape under the G10 grips if they start to get loose. Not sure what metric size the 'o' rings are but they can be found at any decent home center or good hardware store.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Thanks for the tip (re: O-rings), Ikor.

This gun is solely a toy - I could see how the aggressive patterning might make it a less appealing EDC option - especially in any inside waist band mode of carry (that would make the "lurv handles" a little angry looking!). The frag pattern would most definitely be more suitable for carry.

That said though - Mr Carter EDCs his 1911 with the Operators on it. Any comments, Geoff?

For my J-frame, I plan to go for the plain 320s - Do you have any first hand experience with VZs on small revolvers, Ikor?

In the beginning they were like a rasp but they seem to have smoothed a bit (or I just got harder?) Now I can't go back, 320's are too smooth for me now :P

, Geoff!

So in a nutshell, your message is that we should "man the F! up" and "grow a pair"?

The Operators are definitely ribbed and studded for extra pleasure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast