Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Suspect killed in attack on off-duty police woman at Leaches Bay

17:00 (GMT+2), Mon, Monday, July 29, 2013

East London police are investigating a case of attempted robbery after a suspect was killed by an off duty police officer. Police Captain Stephen Marais says three suspects approached the vehicle of an off duty police officer on Monday at Leaches Bay. Marais says the suspects threatened her with a knife and demanded her handbag. He says the officer managed to reach her handgun and shot at the suspects. His body was fo... read more

Default Re: Suspect killed in attack on off-duty police woman at Leaches Bay

On another medium I read that the IPID are investigating a case of murder against the SAPS member.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

And another one.....another one.....bites the dust

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    On another medium I read that the IPID are investigating a case of murder against the SAPS member.

"As a formality, police have opened a case of murder against the off duty police officer"

Quote Originally Posted by links69 View Post
    "As a formality, police have opened a case of murder against the off duty police officer"
    Yebbut...that is not the correct formality.

We should be careful not to rejoice in the death of other humans - it could be used by GFSA as (very effective) propaganda against us. I am still glad that she was able to defend herself and that a gun saved life and property. That the BG's had to face a barrel is a bonus.

User

Quote Originally Posted by klein vlam View Post
    We should be careful not to rejoice in the death of other humans - it could be used by GFSA as (very effective) propaganda against us.
    You make a very valid point.

User

Quote Originally Posted by klein vlam View Post
    We should be careful not to rejoice in the death of other humans - it could be used by GFSA as (very effective) propaganda against us. I am still glad that she was able to defend herself and that a gun saved life and property. That the BG's had to face a barrel is a bonus.
    Would GFSA be happier if the person was robbed peacefully with a knife, and no life was lost?

I rejoice in the fact that he will never be able to put another person through the fear and trauma of an armed robbery again. Unfortunately a jail sentence does not give me that satisfaction as he will likely do it again afterwards.

User

Would GFSA be happier if the person was robbed peacefully with a knife, and no life was lost?
    Yes

good on the officer.

H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast