Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Dale SH View Post
    Heavier and slower = less meat damage especially at 100 -125 meters.
    OP gives the velocities and the difference is only 50fps between the two, shouldn't cause major differences in meat damage.

User

Default Re: Blue Wildebeest.....what ammo?

The Interlocks are standard non bonded bullets, which will perform fine if your impact velocity is not too high.
    I would not recommend them for close distance shooting with a high velocity calibre.
    I personally witnessed one explode on the skin of a kudu shot with a 7mm Rem Mag at 80 meters.

260 grain Accubonds will give you a nice compromise between flat trajectory and a bit of bushveld.

User

Quote Originally Posted by urabus View Post
    this morning at the local gun shop someone mentioned something about Interlocks not a premium bullet therefore not ideal....etc got me all worried.
    A friend of mine took 2 eland bulls with his 308 Norma Magnum this season with Interlocks. They both went down like a bag of potatoes! One of those bulls was massive, it was originally brought in to bredd trophy eland and had passed his genes on already.

User

Given the velocities are pretty close, the Partition should retain better weight on impact and thus my comment on less meat damage.

We hunted a large number of Blues this past weekend. Rifles ranged from 260 Rem, 25-06, 308, 30-06 through to a 338 Lapua. All that were shot in the right place went down. I was using a 338 Win mag with 225 grain Interlocks and they performed as per usual.

Pick one and shoot straight and enjoy the hunt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steveb View Post
    .....Pick one and shoot straight and enjoy the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasnikov View Post
    I hunted BWB a couple weeks ago and head shots was the way to go for me. Tried going for a heart shot. Missed vitals by a inch and ended up in a mad dash at high speed.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    Klasnikov, study your quarry's anatomy. If you miss the brain by half an inch, you'll have jaw-shot wildebeest which will die of hunger after maybe a week.
    "Headshots" is not an alternative for poor bullet placement. Btw, a headshot is not necessarily lethal. A BRAINSHOT is.

WB

Hunted Bluewildebeest 4 weeks ago with .308 using 130 grain Impala points at 2915 fps. Was back lung shot at 352 meters by my son (13). Did not aim far enough off to the right for the prevailing wind. Animal did 500 meters and then expired.

Also did Blackwildebeest with same load and rifle at 220 meters. Centre vital triangle shot ant animal only made it about 20 meters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

User

Hey Hardy,

Go with the 225's, just make the shot count. Even the 300's won't work if you hit the wrong spot. Enjoy it!
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Klasnikov View Post
    I hunted BWB a couple weeks ago and head shots was the way to go for me. Tried going for a heart shot. Missed vitals by a inch and ended up in a mad dash at high speed.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    I'm confused. If you can't hit the heart/lung area what makes you think that you can consistently hit the brain, which is a lot smaller?

The Partition is the better bullet for the job, however, either of the two bullets will work if you do your part. Use the bullet you have the most confidence in, make sure of your shot and don't take chances.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast