Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: FN FAL is a winner :)

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    After getting the iron sights nicely set I managed to consistently hit a paper-plate sized target.
    it should do be able to do better than that at 100 meters. Off a bench, it should drop them all within 1 to 2 inches. With the right rifle on a good day I can manage it out the shoulder.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    it should do be able to do better than that at 100 meters. Off a bench, it should drop them all within 1 to 2 inches. With the right rifle on a good day I can manage it out the shoulder.
    Yeah, that wasn't the rifle's fault. :P

The bench was very makeshift also.

I was very impressed by the accuracy on its first shoot ever. In fact it was depressing seeing how crap I was shooting. But I will mail manservant his photos...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    We stopped trying after our first effort due to the enormous effort to try and get replies and movement form them.After months of trying to get a price list for AR parts I just did not feel like wasting any more time.I understand that Ihawu is working with DSA ?We were the first to actually get DSA ZM4 and SA58 rifles for civilian sales into SA and DSA had no real interest to pursue continuous efforts.When we had a meeting with DS at Shotshow 2012 he was full of excuses ......We eventually turned elsewhere to suppliers/manufacturers who were willing and able to face the effort of getting rifles to SA.
    Thats so sad. I e-mailed DSA some time back and they replied saying they do not sell rifles in SA and have no current plans of doing so. Thats why i was so excited when the refurbished FN's made an appearance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    Thats so sad. I e-mailed DSA some time back and they replied saying they do not sell rifles in SA and have no current plans of doing so. Thats why i was so excited when the refurbished FN's made an appearance.
    Sad indeed. What a missed opportunity, I suppose the panic buy keeps them in the pound seats without needed our little extra revenue.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    I had a quick look at MS's targets, and he was doing around 3MOA... not too shabby for the second time out with the rifle :-)

I found the sight picture takes some getting used to (i'm used to to "normal" notch&blade open sights) to get the elevation consistent. imho he might need a slightly taller front sight post, as we both shot about 5" high at 100m with the rear sight at its lowest (2) position. for normal 308/7.62 ballistics that should be about 2"-2.5" high at 100m for a 200m zero.

:- P

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    Sad indeed. What a missed opportunity, I suppose the panic buy keeps them in the pound seats without needed our little extra revenue.

Don't feel bad guys, they aren't exactly easy to get here in the States either! I dunno what their problem is but their availability is quite spotty.

I have found that one of the biggest improvements to the FAL (and the LM as well) is simply to have the rear sight drilled out to a larger aperture size...makes all the difference in the world unless you need that teeny-tiny hole for long range. Be aware however, that it will require a carbide drill bit...those rear sights are as hard as woodpecker lips! I'm pretty sure that Khumba can give details on what size bit to use.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I need to replace the dust cover on my R1 so I can mount a scope. Any thoughts on a fair price for a DS arms dust cover with heavy duty scope mount?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    I need to replace the dust cover on my R1 so I can mount a scope. Any thoughts on a fair price for a DS arms dust cover with heavy duty scope mount?
    firstly, where are you getting it from? :)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast