Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Problems with a Musgrave

Had an unfortunate incident with my Musgrave 30-06 today. :( It seems the hold down screws have worked themselves loose. The stock has now been damage. Anyone have an opinion on whether it could be repaired? A further problem is that the screws now need to be tightened past the original intended position, this means that the retaining screws can no longer be used.

Anyone else ever have a similar problem , or know of a reasonable stock maker?
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Default Re: Problems with a Musgrave

Ouch! I have seen a few talented guys who could use Accraglass, wooden pins or screws, and such to make miracle repairs on worse than that. I have absolutely no doubt there are a few in SA too...just can't say who they are.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Big damage! just received my new stocked .308 Winchester from Magnum arms in Nelspruit. I must say, they did a great job. But with that comes a great price! The new stock is build from grade 3 Turkish walnut. Its been free floated, fitted with a new recoil pad and fine checkering done. Overall was R7303.60. Its expensive but may I add that there is nothing like a custom build stock. Can really feel the difference. Stock is a bit heavier but it will help with the recoil of the gun, since it had a sting. Gun now weights in at 4kg's all inclusive. It had to be done since my old stock was badly cracked - multiple places. To such a point that it affected my accuracy.

Good luck

User

FrankH,
    where do you stay? John Brussel is a stockmaker in Parow (Cape) who does some nice work. He could also possibly advise you on a repair job.

User

Nortier, that is very cheap for a custom stock!!!! Safari & Outdoor does stocks for R12000, without the wood blank. Ad at least another R5000.

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST
    FrankH,
    where do you stay? John Brussel is a stockmaker in Parow (Cape) who does some nice work. He could also possibly advise you on a repair job.
    Thanks , but the other side of the country. Northern Limpopo.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by kaspaas
    Nortier, that is very cheap for a custom stock!!!! Safari & Outdoor does stocks for R12000, without the wood blank. Ad at least another R5000.

CRAIG! Where is the heart attack smiley. confused0068

User

That's a bit harsh kaspaas? Isn't it?

User

Agreed, it is a bit steep, but not uncommon for a custom stock.

User

I prefer a good wooden stock, but for those prices look at a synthetic stock....
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast