Thread: Proffie

User

Default Proffie

Hi guys,i bought a Browning 308win second hand from a guy in PTA,the rifle looks real neat and cleen,it has a Tasco scope and silencer as part of the package,i paid R9000.00 for it,can anyone advise me on the make of this rifle,i do not know the Brownig that good and are there someone that reloads their own amo for a 308win,i would like to know witch cases,primers,bullets and propellant you use,i reload for my 303british with great groupings,i am realy impressed with my "kleilat"

User

Default Re: Proffie

Quote Originally Posted by Proffie View Post
    Hi guys,i bought a Browning 308win second hand from a guy in PTA,the rifle looks real neat and cleen,it has a Tasco scope and silencer as part of the package,i paid R9000.00 for it,can anyone advise me on the make of this rifle,i do not know the Brownig that good and are there someone that reloads their own amo for a 308win,i would like to know witch cases,primers,bullets and propellant you use,i reload for my 303british with great groupings,i am realy impressed with my "kleilat"

Browning is a good rifle if that is what you wanted to know
    If you post a picture we should be able to tell you more about the model
    As for reloading

Bullets can be anything in 130gr, 150gr, 165gr/168gr, 180gr (For me it would be 165gr/168gr Hornady GMX or Swift scirocco/Swift A-Frame)
    Primers anything in large rifle or even large rifle magnum if you want
    Cases Lapua or Norma is top of the pops
    Propellant S335 would be my starting point

Banned

Proffie, most 308's do pretty well with 168gr bullets and S335. That is a starter.

I don't know about primers.

Brass is tricky; Lapua, Winchester and Remington have pretty good names. Get them from the kooperasie, or take the drive to Potch.

Stay away from 7.62x51 (old R1) army ammo.

User

I think best would be to drive to Potch or Lichtenburg, people might take offence if you ask for something called Lapua in Ventersdorp kooperasie
    I know Lichtenburg kooperasie had Winchester and Lapua brass in 308 a couple weeks ago as well as a fresh delivery of Somchem propellant and there is always a good selection of bullets

If you don't find what you want there phone these people in Lichenburg

Fishers Shooters

Ferdi - Hartzenberg rylaan 9
    2740 Lichtenburg
    South Africa

Street Maps
    contact person: Ferdie Koekemoer
    phone: 018 6321293
    fax: 086 6551443
    marlene@fishers.co.za

User

Thanx guys i will take the drive to Potch or Lichtenburg,never heard about Lapua cases but i do know winchester cases because i use those for my 303,and as for s335 allso not a problem i use that too,the kooperasie in ventersdorp closed down the gun and amo dep.a long time ago so no use even bothering...i will post a pic.