User

Default Which road leads to MANY firearms?

I am currently on my 4 gun limit ( 30-06, 22-250, 9mm, 300 Win Mag - waiting for license ).
    Have just bought a .22 rifle and would like to buy one more rifle for centerfire silhouette and two more pistols, a .22 for silhouette and another for centerfire silhouette or other shooting discipline. Might buy an over-under shotgun later on. And one or two other guns ( you know ---- THE ITCH )
    I am a member of CHASA and my local silhouette shooting club and hunt about 7-10 times per year. I also compete in benchrest comps.
    I do varminting on my nephew and his neighbours' farms as often as I can. ( lots of hunting etc pics and letters from farmers )

What is the safest road to licensing the rest of the goodies?
    How long does it take to achieve dedicated status?
    Can I go the collector way, or is that just for older guns?

PLEEEEAAASE help happy0065 ifI cant license them all I'll have to move to America.

User

Default Re: Which road leads to MANY firearms?

Sounds like you could become a dedicated hunter. I don't have more details, but my DFO recommends it to everyone that hunts even occasionally.

Default Re: Which road leads to MANY firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot
    I am currently on my 4 gun limit ( 30-06, 22-250, 9mm, 300 Win Mag - waiting for license ).
    Have just bought a .22 rifle and would like to buy one more rifle for centerfire silhouette and two more pistols, a .22 for silhouette and another for centerfire silhouette or other shooting discipline. Might buy an over-under shotgun later on. And one or two other guns ( you know ---- THE ITCH )
    I am a member of CHASA and my local silhouette shooting club and hunt about 7-10 times per year. I also compete in benchrest comps.
    I do varminting on my nephew and his neighbours' farms as often as I can. ( lots of hunting etc pics and letters from farmers )

What is the safest road to licensing the rest of the goodies?
    How long does it take to achieve dedicated status?
    Can I go the collector way, or is that just for older guns?

PLEEEEAAASE help happy0065 ifI cant license them all I'll have to move to America.
    Ho Longshot.

it is a common misconception that collectors only collect old guns, when i phone the gunshops looking for a new aquisition and ask what they might have available, they all without exception start telling me about their 1820 muzzle loader that they have with the relavant markings, and im like, no no no....

i only collect modern fireamrs, and if u ask 80% of all the collectors they will probably tell you the same, all of the SAAACA collectors that i know all collect modern firearms and many buy 'new' often. So dont be too concerned with that. what you should give due consideration to though is that collectors are exactly that, collectors, the reason for aquiring the gun is almost always for the love of guns, so the value to the 'collector' is the weapon itself, and not as a 'tool' to do a job, although this may from time to time be the case, as a collector you may want a carry gun and a hunting rifle and a silhoette rifle, but all of these will be licensed under the guise of collecting for the purpose of you collection :)

so, what i am trying to tell you is that there is nothing stopping you from applying to SAAACA for membership, there are a number of hoops to jump through and i fear the most difficuly part of the process will be trying to convince the SAAACA executive comitee that you meet their expectations of a collector. as i understand it they are against a guy that just has 6 firearms from his dad that he wants to keep etc etc. you must convince them that you are an active collector or enthusiast, and that is not so easy when dealing with chaps that know their story.

but if you are a firearm lover and intent to collect for the love of guns, i see no problem for you collecting, and you can have as many as you like, if you catagorise under "C" you may license everythig except semi auto shotguns and rifles and full auto rifles, if you catagorise under "B" you may own everythign inclueding semi auto rigles and shotguns with only the exception of full auto, and if u go the "A" route the the sky is the limit.

If you would like further info, send me a pm and ill try to help u as best i can, and will put u in touch with the "powers that be"... good luck whatever route you choose...