Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Default Question for any Canadian/South Africans

I got a couple in Cape Town I know who are very interested in immigrating to Canada. Both are educated and skilled. I'm American and don't really know anyone who does Canadian Immigration law, although I know several who do US immigration. Any advice out there from any who may know?

User

Have two friends there that are very happy.

Mail newsletter@canadavisa.com
    www.canadavisa.com

Default Re: Question for any Canadian/South Africans

I dealt with http://www.cic.gc.ca/

They will also get a lot of 1st hand advise here: http://www.sacanada.org/

Banned

Cheers. Like I said- I have some connects for US immigration. If anyone has any ?s, hit me up.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Doublefeed View Post
    I'm American
    What I would give to one day be able to say this. 3 years of research and searching for ways to immigrate to the USA, only options that I have found available for myself is the GCL or GC through marriage ( No USA girls in JHB ).

As for the Canada immigration, I have done some research on it as well. There are websites that you can do the eligibality tests to see if you can immigrate http://www.connectingtocanada.com/im...gibility_tests
    I have found this one to be quite accurate and up to date.

Here is some comic relief for your future Canadian South Africans

This is an excerpt from the diary of a South African who moved to Canada to get away from crime.

November 14th
    It started snowing. The first of the season and the first real snow we
    have ever seen. The wife took out buttered buns and sat by the window
    watching t he soft flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering
    the ground. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

November 15th
    We woke to a lovely blanket of crystal white snow covering the landscape. What a FANTASTIC sight! Every tree and shrub was covered with a
    beautiful white mantle. I shovelled snow for the first time and loved it. I did both our driveway and sidewalk. Later, the city snowplough came along and
    accidentally covered up our driveway with compacted snow from the street. But the driver smiled and waved and I waved back and shoveled again.

November 16th
    It snowed an additional twelve centimetres last night and the temperature has dropped to around four degrees. Several limbs on the trees and shrubs have snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shovelled our driveway again. Shortly afterwards the snowplough came by and did his trick again. Much of the snow is now brownish grey.

November 17th
    Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush, which soon became ice again. Bought snow tyres for both cars. Slipped on my arse in the driveway, paid $130 for the chiropractor, but fortunately nothing broken. More snow and ice expected.

November 18th
    Still cold. Sold my wife's car and bought a 4x4 in order to get to work. Slid on the guard-rail and did considerable damage to the right quarter panel. Had another 15 centimetres of white sh*t last night. Both vehicles covered in salt and crud. More shovelling in store for me today. That damn snowplough came by twice yesterday.

November 19th
    2 degrees outside! More f@#king snow. Not a tree or shrub on our property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the f@#king house down. I managed to put the flames out but suffered second degree burns on my hands and lost all my
    eyebrows and eyelashes. Car slid on the white sh*t on the way to the hospital and was totalled.

November 20th
    Mother f@#king white kak keeps coming down! I have to put on all the clothes I own just to get to the mailbox. If I ever catch that son of a bitch that drives that f@#king snowplough, I'll chew open his chest and rip his heart out. I think he hides around the f@#king corner and waits for me to finish shovelling, then comes down the street at about 160km/hr
    and buries our driveway again. f@#king power still off. The shithouse froze and parts of the roof have started to cave in

November 21st
    Twelve more centimetres of f@#king snow and f@#king ice and f@#k knows what other kind of f@#king white sh*t fell last night. I wounded the f@#king snowplough with a pick, but the bastard got away. The wife has f@$ked off and left me. The f@#king car won't start and I think I'm going f@#king snow-blind. I can't move my f@#king toes, haven't seen the f@#king sun in weeks and there's more f@#king snow predicted. Wind chill is 30 f@#king degrees below zero!!

November 22nd
    f@#k THIS! I am moving back to South Africa!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Immigrating to the US is not easy, but anything that's worth it never is. I can't speak for Canada, but America is still the land of opportunity and one of the best places in the world to make a living(AND you can for the most part walk into a shop, pick out a rifle, buy it, and walk out.). As an American, I'm not trying to be biased and uber-patriotic here, but facts are facts. At the end of the day I've spent most of this year in S.Africa because I like it here, but I have the freedom to come and go as I wish(So I'm not a good example). However I tell all my S.African friends, especially the younger ones who are all stuck in dead-end jobs w/meager salaries… "Get to America and start kicking ass." They simply all complain of how difficult it is- it's not THAT difficult and certainly not impossible.

Not one of my S.African buds back home(I have several) regrets moving to the States, as much as they all look forward to their visits home in S.Africa.

Here's a South African immigration attorney in the US. He's originally from Joburg.

http://www.american-immigration-lawyer.com

Immigrating to the US is not easy, but anything that's worth it never is. I can't speak for Canada, but America is still the land of opportunity and one of the best places in the world to make a living(AND you can for the most part walk into a shop, pick out a rifle, buy it, and walk out.). As an American, I'm not trying to be biased and uber-patriotic here, but facts are facts. At the end of the day I've spent most of this year in S.Africa because I like it here, but I have the freedom to come and go as I wish(So I'm not a good example). However I tell all my S.African friends, especially the younger ones who are all stuck in dead-end jobs w/meager salaries… "Get to America and start kicking ass." They simply all complain of how difficult it is- it's not THAT difficult and certainly not impossible.

Not one of my S.African buds back home(I have several) regrets moving to the States, as much as they all look forward to their visits home in S.Africa.

Here's a South African immigration attorney in the US. He's originally from Joburg.

http://www.american-immigration-lawyer.com
    America is certainly a great place for opportunity. However, in a list of the 10 top cities in which to live, there is not 1 US city on that list, there are 3 Canadian cities in the top 5. Canada is a great place.

Banned

Then go.

Then go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast