Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Slip2000

Default Slip2000

I bought a Slip 2000 'extreme cleaning system', which included the Gun Cleaner Degreaser, Bore Cleaner and Extreme Weapons Lube.

I might be way out of line here, but after all the hype everyone is making about this stuff I am somewhat dissapointed. My home made 'Ed's Red' does a much better job at cleaning the internals and getting the barrel spotless.

I will give it another go tomorrow after my range session and this time leave it a while longer to penetrate.

The lube does look / feel like its the dogs nuts though, will see if it works as well as everyone says.

What has your experience been with the Gun Cleaner and the Bore Cleaner? Maybe I'm using it too sparingly?

User

Default Re: Slip2000

What did you use where for what purpose.

Afaik the 3 pack does not include copper solvent but carbon cleaner. The carbon cleaner is not going to remove copper fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    What did you use where for what purpose.

Afaik the 3 pack does not include copper solvent but carbon cleaner. The carbon cleaner is not going to remove copper fouling.
    I used it to clean my Browning Hi Power.

Took a patch and wet it with the Bore Cleaner. Ran it through the barrel a couple of times. Left the barrel aside.
    Took the gun cleaner and sprayed inside my slide and frame. Left for about 10 minutes. Took a toothbrush and brushed the inside of the slide and frame. Took a few patches and wiped the slide and frame down.
    I then took my bore snake and ran it through the barrel a couple of times. The barrel was clean, but not as clean as when I use the Ed's Red mixture. I then took a new patch and wet it with some Ed's red and ran the patch through the barrel, left it for about 5 minutes and ran a clean patch through it again. More dirt came out and she was good as new on the inside.

I the lubed the pistol up as per my usual routine.

The bottle states that the Bore cleaner removes carbon, lead, powder fouling and 75% of copper.

Maybe I didn't wet the patch enough or I didn't give it enough time to do its job?

User

Even with Slip2000's products, I still use RAM Nitro Solvent for the barrel's inside. The rest of the gun is given Eezox and the moving parts get EWL. I saw the kit Hailstorm sells, and I really really want to try it out. I just want to know exactly what each product does. I've got a rifle incoming in a while (lever action) and I want to love it with some Hailstorm stuff!

User

I use SLIP2000 EWL on my barrel and slide rail, but on my polished internals I use rescomps own oil mix. The slip does not sit on the polished parts for some reason. Break free is nice but too thin. Best oil IMO is Hoppes elite. It is not too thick or too thin and it coats all the parts and after shooting all the oiled parts are still oiled.

User

Strange you find RHT's Speed Metal (I assume that's what you're using?) to work better for you. For me it ran dry in my gun within a few days of applying, and then my gun would feel dry. Since starting EWL on all moving parts my gun has never been smoother, and never felt "dry", even after lots of carrying. With Speed Metal I had to re-apply twice a week. EWL only with the monthly cleaning or after shooting (obviously).

EWL also doesn't start smoking like Speed Metal does, and I think Speed Metal is a silicone based product. I've heard bad things from silicone-based products on the forum.

User

EWL works like a charm on the AR. I also have my own red sauce, but Slip products do work as intended, and I use on all my firearms.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Strange you find RHT's Speed Metal (I assume that's what you're using?) to work better for you. For me it ran dry in my gun within a few days of applying, and then my gun would feel dry. Since starting EWL on all moving parts my gun has never been smoother, and never felt "dry", even after lots of carrying. With Speed Metal I had to re-apply twice a week. EWL only with the monthly cleaning or after shooting (obviously).

EWL also doesn't start smoking like Speed Metal does, and I think Speed Metal is a silicone based product. I've heard bad things from silicone-based products on the forum.
    Yes, but ONLY on my trigger connector which is highly polished. I'd have to rappid fire like a mofo to get the oil there smoking lol.. Do the slip sit on any polished parts in your gun? I find it weird that it doenst every where else it works awesome

User

Slip comes on every moving part in my gun, though I have considered moving from the EWL to the EWL-30, which is said to stick even better. Grease is there as well, but I want to buy that for a friend for his new VZ 58.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Slip comes on every moving part in my gun, though I have considered moving from the EWL to the EWL-30, which is said to stick even better. Grease is there as well, but I want to buy that for a friend for his new VZ 58.
    I have got the EWL 30, its abit thicker, stays where applied.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast