Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: IWB Carry

Default IWB Carry

Recently started carrying IWB after attending SWATG's courses.

Obviously your firearm will require more frequent maintenance and lubrication to prevent rust when you carry IWB.

How frequent would you guys recommend?
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

Default Re: IWB Carry

Rust is very unlikely to be a problem with your Glock. Other than that I havent found it any different really to OWB carry WRT maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by 47
    Recently started carrying IWB after attending SWATG's courses.

Obviously your firearm will require more frequent maintenance and lubrication to prevent rust when you carry IWB.

How frequent would you guys recommend?
    just curious what type of IWB are you using, is it cordura, kydex or leather?

am thinking that a kydex rig would require less maintenance then say a cordura or leather rig.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Rust is very unlikely to be a problem with your Glock. Other than that I havent found it any different really to OWB carry WRT maintenance.
    definitely 100%, as i have carried mex for months at a a time without having to even wipe my Glock slide down, now i am more responsible and do regular maintenance, but that's cause i love my gun and feel sorry for it :)

Thanks for the advice. I carry a Carter Kydex holster.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

I clean the gun about once a month (apart from after shooting), the main reason to check what's going on inside.

Since it's warmer now, sweat is becoming a bit of a problem with Carter Kydex IWB - I need some material between it and my skin. Might try and make some sort of holster sock :P

Hi 47,

Rust on your Glock won't be a problem in a Kydex holster as the material is basically impervious to pretty much all liquids, sweat included ;) If you are having problems with the holster getting sweaty against your body you could try adding some leather to that side using a suitable adhesive. Super contact should work but please be aware that Kydex can be a very difficult thing to glue onto and you may have to regularly maintain this modification.

I've not really had this kind of problem with my SP1 holster and I carry it all year ???

User

we're carry guns as precaution, so, as precaution, check your gun regularly. I have met guys who dont shoot regularly but carry IWB every single day. one day while 'petering' we all stripped our guns down, and my friends' guns were totally sies!!! there was fluff from their fancy shirts and jerseys, dust, and a whole lots of other stuff.

this might sound dumb but these are regular situation with people who dont give their fireamrs the adequate attention it needs.

how does sweat and stuff affect the loaded ammo?

If dress allows, an easy solution is to wear a t-shirt which will go between skin and the gun, then wear another shirt over that. In summer the top shirt might be an unbuttoned sport shirt for the casual 'Miami Vice' look...or you can wear a 'wife beater' sleeveless undershirt and a polo overtop, etc.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor
    If dress allows, an easy solution is to wear a t-shirt which will go between skin and the gun, then wear another shirt over that. In summer the top shirt might be an unbuttoned sport shirt for the casual 'Miami Vice' look...or you can wear a 'wife beater' sleeveless undershirt and a polo overtop, etc.
    I use the shirt under shirt "method" but I'm going to go get some "wife beaters" :P to help with the heat. Good idea.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast