Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default SASSETA Training Certificates

Everyone,

I am given to understand that a recent internal SAPS communiqué reads as follows:

"SAPS will also only accept firearm training certificates issued by firearm training providers accredited by SAPFTC.

The SAPS will implement this delegation with effect from 2013 – 09 – 01 which mean that firearm training certificates issued by firearm training providers not accredited with SAPFTC will not be accepted by the SAPS with effect from 2013 – 09 – 01.
    "

I understand that the current situation is that the secretary of police has advised that the matter is under discussion between the SAPS, SAPFTC and SASSETA and that clarification should be forthcoming within the next week or so.

If you hold SASSETA training certificates and are planning on applying for a competency, you may be well advised to wait until there is greater clarity around this issue.

User

Default Re: SASSETA Training Certificates

From what I have been told the mandatory SAPFTC statement of results will only be required of someone who completed the training after 1 September 2013. If you hold a SASSETA certificate or competency certificate this is not supposed to affect you.

While some DFO's have turned applicants away they were subsequently chastised by the powers that be.

It appears that the instruction has now been withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    It appears that the instruction has now been withdrawn.
    My father attempted to hand in his comp apps for slr on Monday and the DFO told him she cannot accept it as the accreditation is incorrect...

User

The circus monkeys cannot be blamed for being confused when the ringmasters play the part of the clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by G-force View Post
    The circus monkeys cannot be blamed for being confused when the ringmasters play the part of the clowns.
    Gé, that would be hilarious if it weren't so bloody tragic!

User

The process has been going on for some time now, with numerous road shows, meetings and newsletters being sent out by PFTC and SASSETA.
    The fact of the matter is that SASSETA now longer is the Quality Assurance Authority for firearm related training, and only accepted new registration up until the end of May 2013.
    SASSETA however did send numerous letters to service providers indicating that service providers will still be able to submit previous training until end of August 2013.

With the official roll-out of PFTC, service providers were given the opportunity to transfer their existing accreditation from SASSETA to PFTC - the only request being that if they use their own study material it should conform to the industry norm and standards set out by PFTC. The service providers had until the end of July 2013 to apply for immediate accreditation based on their SASSETA credentials, thus being continuing training as a registered service provider. Those who did not make the cut-off date had to apply from scratch as a new accreditation applicant.
    The flip side of this is that those who chose not to adhere to the PFTC request, no longer is considered accredited training providers and their service provider certificates will not in future be accepted by the SAPS.

The recall I believe was on the letter of PFTC requesting the SAPS to only accept service provider certificates which are accompanied by a SASSETA certificate (Pre Sept. 2013)
    The chaos this would cause (well knowing that getting a SASSETA certificate issued in acceptable time is a miracle at best) brought about the recall of the request/order......
    Time will tell what will happen, but the process was welcomed by the SAPS after highlighted evidence of numerous "training providers" who issue certificates without there even been any form of training.

The positive to the process is that a SoR is available to print immediately after submission - thus no longer any waiting......

User

Reviving this old thread...

I am in the process of renewing 2 of my Competencies. The one was issued in 2013 and I submitted my SASSETA certificate (issued 2011) with application then.

Now my DFO is unable to capture my renewal applications, citing "invalid" training certificate as reason. (I have all the training certificates as well as a SASSETA certificate.)

It would seem that only PFTC certificates are accepted now. So much for your training certificates being a formal qualification...

So I'm off for another round of RPL "training" and all the fees associated with that.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Reviving this old thread...

I am in the process of renewing 2 of my Competencies. The one was issued in 2013 and I submitted my SASSETA certificate (issued 2011) with application then.

Now my DFO is unable to capture my renewal applications, citing "invalid" training certificate as reason. (I have all the training certificates as well as a SASSETA certificate.)

It would seem that only PFTC certificates are accepted now. So much for your training certificates being a formal qualification...

So I'm off for another round of RPL "training" and all the fees associated with that.
    Nope. You need the Statement of results from SASSETA.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Nope. You need the Statement of results from SASSETA.
    I think this is what I have. It is not acceptable.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast