Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Benelli B76

User

Default Benelli B76

I own a Benelli B76 9mm P. Would like to know of anyone's experience with this pistol. I'm not an experienced handgunner, but it is very reliable and seems like a high quality piece. Have read that they are supposed to be very accurate due to fixed barrel setup. Just a bit bulky for carry...

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Benelli B76

I had one years back. Beautiful pistol with almost Sig P210 like quality and machining. Trouble with it was that it would not feed JHP if there were more than 5 rounds of it in the magazine That grip / magazine angle was designed for FMJ round nosed ball and I never could get it to feed anything else reliably. A rather overly complicated design IMO for a SD handgun but a beautiful example of Italian craftsmanship nontheless. Mine was very accurate with Federal Match ball as I recall. VERY nice pistola, just not for me as a SD handgun if I had a choice. As far as I know it is long out of production, so parts may be difficult to source.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

i own one for interest sake. it was apparently more for sporting purposes than actually a self defense gun. i think in europe there was a form of shooting service type guns for sporting purposes and the overly egineered recoil operated gun was supposed to be very accurate.

as ikor said , very interesting italian engineering
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Thanks! Have not tried mine with anything but FMJ. I'm not too experienced, but mine does seem superbly accurate. Took a few shots at a springbok target at a SA Hunters competition at 40 m, managed to place all the shots in the shoulder area, probably a 6" group, was very surprised! Is there any handgun shooting discipline in SA where I would be competitive with a 8 shot pistol like the Benelli? Really love the Italian craftmanship and that Luger like grip angle points very easily, it is very natural to empty the magazine as quickly as you can pull the trigger, with the Benelli staying on target.

i had an option to buy one a little while ago, thought also that it was interesting, but was never on my "want" list, so in the end i did not buy it, but seemed to be a really well made little pistola. in the end i also came to the conclusion that it would have had to be for sport as it was too blocky and had too many awkward squared off and sharp angles for a carry gun, never shot it though.

User

What was the going price for that one?

The Beneli is worth nothing, if you want to get rid of it, let me know and I will help you to get disposed off it.

Of course I will not charge you anything for doing that, 'cause I am a good guy! ;D

PS: I am envious, if you ever decide to sell it, give me a first right of refusal.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

iFly, they not hard to find ..
    live out your imagination , not your history.

really? are selling yours? because I am about to buy a s&w mod 39 for a particular purpose I always thought the Benelli will serve better. Let me know hpy180

User

Keith Dyer of Magnum magazine has owned and shot one since Moses was a tadpole, best speak to him reagrding more details of the piece. Don't have Magnum mags number on hand maybe someone can chip in...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast