Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: No way around it... So are you a prepper?

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Ya, but your problem is you spend them in .458 sized chunks :)
    lol you are not supposed to cache your investment inside tagets ;) lol

Lead brass and copper are all very good ideas ii stock up on all three as well as silver ... but only cause if i even need to cross the border, they might be good to bribe my way over the border . ;)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    I have always thought that if things get seriously out of hand here a great place to get lost would be the knysna forest.

nice just a tad far away ;)

and what you going to eat elephant?

; )

User

Prepping has 2 sides to it, from my perspective.
    1. The doomsday side: like the guys that bought 10 000 tins of food pre '94 and don't eat tinned anything, ever, and.
    2. Logical: keep a couple of weeks of non perishables that you use as part of your monthly consumption.

The second perspective is where we have become slack and just need to look at our parents/ grandparents to see the practical application. People that live on farms or more remote areas don't buy bread and milk daily, they buy once a week and freeze it.

From a more practical perspective. What can you do to make your everyday life easier by "prepping". Eskom has and will let us down again. Solar geyser, gas stove, photo voltaics and batteries for lights? The last transport strike, no fresh veggies- veggie garden? Petrol attendant strike/ mass power failure so pumps don't work - 2 Jerry cans of fuel in the garage? major municipal water disruption - borehole and simple standby manual pump (next to the submersible in the hole, to irrigate the garden).

These are just some thoughts, I'm sure you get the idea. modern convenience has robbed us of a lot of our self reliance and is costing us big money.

User

Quote Originally Posted by curious george View Post
    By now,I'm sure every agency in the country has opened a file for you lol.

Beware,you may be a "rightwing conspiracy" headline in the making.

I would suggest keeping the "networking" offline....sharing ideas is one thing but I'm sure I dont have to be more blunt than that.

Welcome to the forum!
    Hi George,
    Thanks for the welcome!
    And hello to anyone watching

LOL I do not intend on becoming a headline anytime soon. I agree that OPSEC is very important. This post is merely a point of contact.
    As mentioned, anyone interested are welcome to contact me via PM and then we can move on from there.
    Plus the group I aim to keep well away from any political groups/agendas or religious association.
    It would merely be a group of friends looking to improve on certain skills and share knowledge. Nothing bad about that!

User

Guys, your all right. See post above Re: OPSEC.
    And yeh... people today have lost their way... Like you said having extra food, water, fuel and ammo is what previous generations have done for years.. I guess everyones just used to going to the Supermarket for their weekly shop, Which is a weak woven web in its own right. Most people dont know that places like PNP stock a maximum of 3 days worth of food, all ordering is automated and the olden days store rooms remain empty most of the year. Think about when you ask for something and they say "Eiishh, no only on the shelf" He's not saying that cos he's too lazy to look its because most stores do not keep supplies like they used to.

Just think, Once the trucks stop the country stops and there is a million and 1 reasons why the trucks could stop.
    What happened to the days when everyone grew there own food? Had chickens? And provided for themselves?

Im not looking to re-educate people... Jeeez id rather most dont know and keep their eyes shut so they can die off quickly but as mentioned, If your eyes are wide open and you fancy doing something productive to help ensure you and your families safety then let me know.

Cheers,
    Brad

User

Exactly why I bought a hectare stand, our goal is to be as food independent as possible using permaculture.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

User

With all that's been said so far this latest post by Selco is well worth the read;
    http://shtfschool.com/general/keep-t...d-entertained/

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

User

Quote Originally Posted by francois.viljoen View Post
    Man everyone is a prepper.

The only people who are not preppers are people who don't believe in medical aid, car or life or any other type of insurance. And don't keep candles in the kitchen drawer when the lights go out.

For the rest of us it's just the type of disasters and extent to which we prepare for them that is different.

Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks Francois. I almost lost sight of the forest for the trees. You are right of course that it is only in degree that we differ.

User

If you take the logical, probable scenario of prepping, you might want to look at getting an inflatable or move to higher ground if you're a Cape resident.

WWPD to survive such rain and the resulting floods?

Okay, back to serious threats like zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    If you take the logical, probable scenario of prepping, you might want to look at getting an inflatable or move to higher ground if you're a Cape resident.

WWPD to survive such rain and the resulting floods?

Okay, back to serious threats like zombies.
    You might be right. I just saw a guy with long grey hair and a beard loading animals onto a big wooden boat.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast