Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Trijicon Mini Reflex RMR RM05 Mini Dot.

I have just received from ECM Tech (thanks Phil) what is most probably the first RMR with a end user here in SA.

Imo (just handling it) it is an excellent Mini Red Dot optic and most probably the one all the others are going to have to measure up to tup tup

It is a NO BATTERY duel illumination optic and the dot illumination works off Fibre Optic (with enough ambient light available) and Tritium when its really dark.

In bright sunlight the dot is BRIGHT and you will definitely see the dot on the target. The amber dot works very well on brightly sun lit objects

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...&categoryID=13

This is a no fuss always on extremely rugged mini dot that will work well on the LM's and Dashprods especially mounted on the dustcover for a low mount.

Imo if used for applications to 80 or so meters one can loose the rear iron sight on the LM as it becomes a moot point with the RMR and the aperture of the RMR and the front sight ring of the LM will work as giant ghost rings (with the correct mount on the dustcover) in the very unlikely event that the RMR dies.

This is most probably the first fool proof battle field tuff enough mini dot on the world market.

Well done Trijicon and ECM for making these available to us.

hpy180

Default Re: Trijicon RMR RM05 Mini Dot.

Another item for my liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiist.

I 'regret' the day I joined GS. :'( Previously I was blissfully unaware of all the toys out there. Now I am fully aware and always broke. Thanx for nothing guys.... tup

That looks REALLY good! I wonder how much it will go for here in SA?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter
    That looks REALLY good! I wonder how much it will go for here in SA?
    If the price (even the 'street' price) in the states is any guide, they won't be cheap, but then top quality never is.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Thanks for the kind words and review Khumba, we are hoping this sight will do well in SA.
    As for the price Geoff, the Trijicon RMR (RM05) as reviewed by Khumba will retail for R4 600incl, excluding a mount. If one purchased a standard Low or High Picatinny mount this would add R775incl. to the price.

We currently have stock of the RMR RM05, but unfortunately are still waiting for the Low Picatinny mounts, although we have a few of the high mounts available.

Regards

Phil
    ECM Technologies

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Oh my...

What's with the 20 week lead time though?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by paulatadventures
    Oh my...

What's with the 20 week lead time though?
    Phil will most probably be more exact but that is the time you will wait for one if you ordered it today.

These sights have been anxiously expected and is very new on the market even in the US with orders having been received by Trijicon months ago and backorders are being filled.

They are however available here in SA now so there is so no lead time here currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    They are however available here in SA now so there is so no lead time here currently.
    Ahh! Cool. And do they have pricing yet?
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Yip = around R5.2K with picatinny mount and around R4.6 without.

We are currently working on an affordable local solution to fit the RMR directly to the LM dustcover for a low mount.

In my experience fitting an optic, even as small and low as the Mini Dots of various manufacture, on to a picatinny rail on the hand guard or gas tube of an LM sits to high for a proper cheek weld on the LM stock (if fitted too high one ends up shooting to much head up and the stock needs a add on cheek riser to give some semblance of a proper and repeatable correct cheek weld). Mounting this way will any way not give any co-witness or use of the iron sights (BUIS) on the LM while the optic is fitted.

Imo the best place to fit a mini dot is on the dust cover in front of the iron sight or in place of the iron sight.

In front of the rear iron sight is going to give co-witness with the BUIS but you will need to have the charging handle bent away from the bolt a bit to escape knocking knuckles or hand on the sight.

In place of the rear iron sight you will not have a rear iron sight as back up BUT with a sight like the RMR RM05 you are most probably not going to need BUIS and in the very unlikely event that the RMR dies you will still have the aperture of the RMR and the front sight ring for good CQB work.

If one has a definite need for longer distance shooting (70 or so plus meters??) the first option of mounting in front of the rear iron sight is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    Yip = around R5.2K with picatinny mount and around R4.6 without.
    Ta much, Brian. When we gonna have some coffee?
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast